HR Title at Old Hatchie but what happened next???

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

HR Title at Old Hatchie but what happened next???

Postby lilwhitelie » Sun May 15, 2005 8:49 pm

Well for those who might want the skinny on the HR title run.... here goes!!!! Land was 2marks in a bushhogged field with scary snow goose decoys throughout!! Marks had about 90 degrees of seperation!! The blind was in between both marks and was run 1st!! Marks went fine and one whistled blind!! Would have lined it but speed made her overrun it!! Water was two marks but the ist bird was thrown close to the bank and made many dogs cheat! The blind was a cove type blind!!! again, no probs with marks and two whistled blind!! TITLE was obtained!!!!!!!!

For those who know my dog, she has come miles in a short time!! The people that I want to thank more than anyone else are the GANDY'S!!! They kinda took me under their wing and showed me the ropes and kept me in the right direction with the RIGHT guidence!! They have a great place to train and are more helpful than they know!!! Also to everyone who has lent their 2 cents to help along from fighting decoys to diversions and everyone who has tossed birds for me!! Brad, Will John, Gator, Toby Keith look alike Meeka, Hybrid Byscuit and all others that have lent advice!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! Also to Big Rick for finding my # a starting West MS!!!!!

Now for the unbelievable Since I wasn't getting a refund for Sun, I decided to Cowboy up and try a run at finished not expecting much since she hasn't ever been thrown a triple!! Well the land test was a triple with lots of seperation in tall grass with a diversion on the last bird!! The blind wasplaced about 10yds from where the 2nd bird fell but was run last and the blind wasn't hot during the marks!!! The marks went well with no probs.. so much so I forgot about the diversion and fumbled the shell on the ground and by the time I shot my dog was sitting beside me!! I was so shook up I left the breach CLOSED!!! UH OHHHHHH!! Went to run the blind next and judge asked me to look at the gun!!!!! Returned gun to safety and judge gave me a break....... THANK YOU MR JUDGE!!!!!!! The blind was 1 whistled!!!! Now on to water!!!!!! Forgot to mention the honor was on land with no issues!!

Water was a breaking test with 3 pretty short marks with one IN YOUR FACE GO BIRD!!!! The blind was through two of the marks, go 50yrds cross a penninsula then go another 50yrds and bird was 10yrds on the bank in some tall coffee weeds!!!! Marks went fine with a slight cheat on one hence the bird boy threw it a mere 5yrds from the bank but not bad enough to be a real issue!!! The blind went great!! She took a great line to the penninsula!! I stopped her and gave a back!! Took the back but started veering left slowly!! Stopped her again and gave an angle right!! Took that cast but was still about 5feet to the left!! Stopped her before she got way into the weeds where she would have been gone forever and gave an over!!!! Picked it up!!!!! AND GUESS WHAT I GOT A RIBBON!!!!!!!!!! She is now 8 for 8 on tests from stated to finished!!!!!!! I really owe her all the credit for bearing with me through my learning process and being smart enough to know when I screw up not to hold it against me the next time out!! She is a great dog with a love to please and I couldn't be any prouder of HR JB'S LIL WHITE LIE!!!!!!!!! Thanks again to all that have helped!!!! Special thanks to Philip Hewitt for the wingers that have helped out tremendously!!
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Postby Dutch Dog » Sun May 15, 2005 8:58 pm

CONGRATULATIONS there's nothing like the first finished pass.
goosebruce
Duck South Addict

Postby goosebruce » Sun May 15, 2005 9:01 pm

Way to go cat... I was the dude in the hawian shirt last night that pointed out that was your title run! hehe, wished Id seen it. travis
Spoonallard
Duck South Addict

Postby Spoonallard » Mon May 16, 2005 8:02 am

"Therefore, even the lover of myth is in a sense a philosopher; for myth is composed of wonders."
-- Aristotle
SkippyJ
Duck South Addict

Postby SkippyJ » Mon May 16, 2005 8:25 am

bamamallards
Regular

Postby bamamallards » Mon May 16, 2005 9:51 am

Thats great Justin wish I could have seen it.Did yopur wife get real excited :roll:
70 sprig
Duck South Addict

Postby 70 sprig » Mon May 16, 2005 10:31 am

Bama , are you the guy that has the little fox red in started ?
70 sprig
Duck South Addict

Postby 70 sprig » Mon May 16, 2005 10:40 am

BTW , good job justin :D
Meeka
Duck South Addict

Postby Meeka » Mon May 16, 2005 11:07 am

HRCH Bwanna Sharkey JH

Wouldn't a condo at the beach be nice!!!?
B3
Duck South Addict

congratulations

Postby B3 » Mon May 16, 2005 11:55 am

bamamallards
Regular

Postby bamamallards » Mon May 16, 2005 12:07 pm

Chuckle12
Duck South Addict

Postby Chuckle12 » Mon May 16, 2005 2:06 pm

Nice job Justin... sounds like ya'll have been putting in a lot of work and it paid off. Congrats!!
Μολὼν λαβέ
HRCH Man with a Loaded Gun MH
HR Quest's Loaded Gun 4/8/00-7/5/12 RIP
skuna
Duck South Addict

Postby skuna » Mon May 16, 2005 7:30 pm

UH HRCH Jack's Aces and Eights (ACE)
HR Roux's Jewel O'Da Bayou (ROUXBY)(2004-2006)
Chocolate Seal
Veteran

Postby Chocolate Seal » Mon May 16, 2005 9:33 pm

CAN YOUR DOG COUNT?
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Tue May 17, 2005 11:10 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”