Got me a shooter!!!!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Unkljohn
Duck South Addict

Got me a shooter!!!!

Postby Unkljohn » Mon Jul 23, 2001 7:56 am

Well, I bought that youth model 1100 20 gauge for my wife to shoot, and boys she is deadly!!! She shot it for the first time on Sunday. How's 16 out of 25 for the first time EVER!!!She had one streak of 8 in a row, and 1 double!! Them ducks gonna be in trouble this year [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Delta Duck
Duck South Addict

Got me a shooter!!!!

Postby Delta Duck » Mon Jul 23, 2001 6:43 pm

It is a sweet gun, I bought one for my new bride 9 years ago on July 6th day after we got hitched on the 5th. It was a warm one that day. She duck hunted with me til we had kids. She liked the afternoon hunts alot more than that one and only morning hunt.
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Got me a shooter!!!!

Postby judge jb » Tue Jul 24, 2001 4:42 am

even as big as i am, i love to shoot the little gun... it handles all shells and is light in the field... loaded with 3 inchers it will bring ducks down over dekes... you may have just found the perfect huntin partner...i know i enjoy my girls at the shack...{they cook good too}

judge jb
Unkljohn
Duck South Addict

Got me a shooter!!!!

Postby Unkljohn » Tue Jul 24, 2001 12:14 pm

Maybe I can get her to hang in there long enough to drop a big fat greenhead, then I'll have her hooked!!! That sure would be nice, no more griping about $$$ spent on leases, or spending too much time at the blind or whatever. Next thing you know, I'll be building a "shack" like JudgeJB's [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Got me a shooter!!!!

Postby judge jb » Wed Jul 25, 2001 8:40 am

every one need a shack Unk... me and family spent yesterday doing piddlin work. i sowed a little millet and hauled a little gravel in a few ruts while the wife grilled dinner.. spent the eve on the deck just looking and talkin.... it sure is nice.... go ahead and commit yourself to it and it will come togeather...

judge jb
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Got me a shooter!!!!

Postby Anatidae » Wed Jul 25, 2001 9:17 am

John, all you need to do is set-up a cannon net on the West end, 'bout middle-way between the dam and your little storage shed in the pecan grove, and set that thang off. You can hide behind that big Hackberry tree on the West side.

You'll have enough gray ducks, ringnecks, and 'ganzers to feed everybody in 'Hill City'. There'll be so many folks wantin' to do you favors, your wife won't have to spend all night on that ridin' lawn mower.

By the way, where do you store your layout boat.....I'd like to come look at it sometime. 'Might want to build one, myself.
Unkljohn
Duck South Addict

Got me a shooter!!!!

Postby Unkljohn » Wed Jul 25, 2001 12:00 pm

Stop..... You are scaring me!!!!!
You obviously know where I live, but you definately do NOT know my wife. According to her that is a man's work!!!
All most of the population of Hill City wants is to fish in the lake and not do anything for me. At least once a week someone pulls up in the driveway and blows the horn, wanting to know if they can fish!!! If they can't get out and knock on the door they get an automatic NO!!!
Email me and we'll get together for a look at the boat.
JT

Return to “General Discussion Forum”