Coldwater River Tale

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
captain duck
Regular

Coldwater River Tale

Postby captain duck » Thu Jan 10, 2002 9:27 am

To see the best duck report of the year in Ms that I question whether fact or fiction, go to waterfowler.com and scroll down left side until you see View Hunter Reports. A map of the U.S. will appear. Click on Ms and read 3 post down to Matt Mcgraw's story about his success last week between Marks and Lambert. Can anyone else verify if this size concentration of waterfowl is in the area described.
rebelduckaholic
Duck South Addict

Coldwater River Tale

Postby rebelduckaholic » Thu Jan 10, 2002 11:00 am

I personally have not hunted here but I have ridden by. East of Marks and South of Hwy 6 there are a few backroads that take you past these ducks. there are literally thousands of ducks for sure. I put in at Crowder one day looking did not see anything but some landowners and game wardens running around everywhere looking and writing tickets. But believe that there are thousands there
Doc & Nash
Duck South Addict

Coldwater River Tale

Postby Doc & Nash » Thu Jan 10, 2002 11:08 am

I hunted that area very hard from 12/20 to 1/6 and for the last week there were literally thousands of ducks in particulary woodies, I have never in my life seen so many woodies, out of 5 hunts four people killed thier limit of woodies every day in addition to mallards and widgeon. It seems that the ducks were roosting on the lake and feeding in the fields during the day. Anywhere in thier pathe between the two would result in lots of ducks with bright orange feet.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”