F&F Boats

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
JLT
Veteran

F&F Boats

Postby JLT » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:11 am

I have about decided to let them build me a 1650 jon. I would like to hear what some of you guys on here have to say about them.

Thanks,
JLT
torch
Duck South Addict

Postby torch » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:00 am

savethehens
Veteran

Postby savethehens » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:53 am

I love mine I got a 1652 right before hunting season. But if you get it painted make sure they put a primer on the boat mine does not have it and wear I walk the paint is fading away to where it is shiny but it is a awsome boat. I put a 70 on the back of mine with a 18 gallon tank. It would be hard for me to buy anything else.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:47 am

JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:28 pm

savethehens
Veteran

Postby savethehens » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:38 pm

it might be heavy but with that 70 that thing will move. would no have anything else on the back. Plus I didnt want just a duck boat I wanted something I could pull a skier or more than 3 people
Kealhofer
Veteran

Postby Kealhofer » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:05 pm

Do you eat duck meat?
outlaw josey wales
Veteran

boat

Postby outlaw josey wales » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:27 pm

q.back4
Veteran

F&F

Postby q.back4 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:07 pm

how do you get in touch with f&f.....where are they located....thanks
duxfearme

boat

Postby duxfearme » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:59 pm

take a look at the gator trax you will be glad you did
outlaw josey wales
Veteran

Postby outlaw josey wales » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:45 am

1 870 367 8311 is it if i remember correctly. ask for doug and tell him your wants and he will build it. i hear alot about gtrax but i havent heard of anyone around here with one. you can build an f and f for about 1/2 price of war eagle and that is fact. i sold 2 boats one day to a customer and his buddy that went to f and f and war eagle one afternoon and they sent him over to me since i had some boats in stock. i sold 2-- 2172 for 6800 for boat trailer and seats a piece of course and war eagle wanted 11000 for just one boat no trailer?!! if you see one of their boats and see some pricing you won't think twice about another boat.
big gumbo
Duck South Addict

Postby big gumbo » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:23 am

I have my dream duck, catfishing ,river tamer all on paper, now its just convincing the wife to let me pull the trigger. IT will have a .125 bottom with .100 sides, Fand Fs are tanks. A FINE EXAMPLE OF ARKANSAN CRAFTSMANSHIP. I'm looking to go with a tunnel hull desinged for a jet outboard, I jsut don't like the egornomics of mud motors, besides its not the goop I need to get thru, its ft. deep sloughs and stumps and shallow snd bars and bends. I'm thinking a console forward and centered design to equal out the draft. 18 ft to 19 ft is the length I'm going for.
Kealhofer
Veteran

Postby Kealhofer » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:56 am

Do you eat duck meat?
duxfearme

salesman

Postby duxfearme » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:50 pm

damn bubba i am gonna have to put you on staff you are good salesman
DM919

GOOOO!!!!DEVILTRAX

Postby DM919 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:07 pm

Man, no offense on the Gator Trax. Looks like a great product, but exactly like a Go Devil. Were they first or was there no patent to worry about or what ? Just curious. Love to have it as a second boat.

From what I have seen of them, for a specialized situation---in the water that the rest of us have to wade---Go Devils or Gator Trax, probably also, work very well. Loooud and slow, but very functional or at least when I see them come through my decoys about mid-morning while I am trying to work a big bunch and apparently they are just making it up there to me, they appear to be. Friendly folks though---but not the exact time that I would choose to appreciate conversation with a visitor that just pulled up and held on to my Avery blind, and asking if we had seen any ducks. And my buddy, who is not as nice as me, said, " Well we, haaad. a minute ago but some idiot pulled up in our decoys right before we got them committed. Might have been working undercover for DU, Green Peace, the AGFC, or something." And without missing a beat, he continued, " How about ya'll ? Already limited out or coming in for tomorrow's hunt ? "

But I don't think we are comparing the same things. For example, you would have alot of trouble following me in a Gator Trax to my hunting hole, because the limbs and button willows would beat you to death, trying to stand up and drive. Heck, the bottom of the boat floor isn't low enough sometimes. It would at least slow you down tremendously during that drag race to the hunting spot each a.m.
Not to mention being ejected when you hit cypress knees, submerged dams, logs, or stumps in the high water of winter.

For the guy that was asking SeaArk, War Eagle (formerly DuraCraft which I once had), and F & F are in Monticello, AR, as strange as that would seem. I was always under the impression F & F was Aluma-weld founders, after--- the customary 5 years out of business clause when you sell out to a company, ended. But I am not sure of that.

F & F barely is mentioned on the web, doesn't advertise much, if at all, and I think I know why. I had barely even heard of them when I purchased a third-handed 1646 boat and trailer made by them.
The guy (a somewhat notorious duck hunter and dog trainer) I bought it from was buying a larger one. The only thing I worried about a little was that he is too much like me-----rough on his equipment when it came to using, but not abusing, his hunting gear when the ultimate goal of calling, working, lighting, and killing greenheads in a secluded spot was at stake.
To make a long story short if that is possible at this point, it is as good a boat as I have ever seen, driven, or rode in. I have jumped three beaver dams a morning going in and three beaver dams coming out, everyday I hunted one year when we guided the first 17 days in a row, and there is not a bent spot, leak or anything noticeable wrong with the bottom of that boat.-----Touuugh!
And that was with 3 to 4 people and gear in it---and one of the dams was so far out of the water I felt like James Bond when he jumped that ski boat over the levee in one of his movies. You had better get a running start and god forbid you not hit it hard enough and have to try to pull it across----because then the sweat was coming even in 15 degree weather.

They don't have too advertise.
In South Central Arkansas, they have the reputation with the die-hards as the best boats going. The preppies , the "look cool" hunters, and the Avenue riders ( along with alot of really good hunters) buy War Eagle (another really great and much more eye-catching product). F & F's are stable as heck---where you can stand up pn the corners when needed with out ejecting yourself or others, yet rides high in the water.
Don't really know what happened to Aluma-weld, the first all welded boat I had seen. ( Sure hurt the JB Weld epoxy market when they came out, ha, ha--at least with my Dad, who thought JB Weld was a miracle substance apparently.)

And now I have a question, how much is a new F & F 1646 approximately, if anybody knows ? I may need to sell mine and tryin to determine what to ask. Sure hate to though. Anybody interested in making an offer on boat and trailer ?

Oh and off topic, if :shock: :shock: [b]we don't stop DU from building reservoirs north of the Duck Capitol of the World, State, none of us in Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennesee, or the Sportsman's Paradise are going to need a Duck hunting--- anything anymore. May already be too late. Been pretty bad for me the last couple ----or we can hunt ducks on Valentine's Day.

Oh boy, another missed holiday. That will go over well at home.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”