Most memorable moments this year....

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
DUCK-HUNT
Duck South Addict

Most memorable moments this year....

Postby DUCK-HUNT » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:40 pm

Get em WET!............Their feet that is.
Jordan River
Veteran

Most memorable moments

Postby Jordan River » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:47 pm

Harleys and Redneck Women are the keys to a good life
stumpjumper
Veteran

Postby stumpjumper » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:49 pm

DUCK-HUNT
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCK-HUNT » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:50 pm

Get em WET!............Their feet that is.
Don Miller
Duck South Addict

Postby Don Miller » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:55 pm

"I'd still like to stick that shotgun up a mallard's as$ and pull the trigger!"---FRITZ RUESEWALD @ 93 years old...(The Arkansas Duck Hunter's Almanac, pg.91)
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:36 pm

lawn4cer
Regular

Postby lawn4cer » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:40 am

Broke Ducker
Veteran

Postby Broke Ducker » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:48 am

put that in your duck call and Blow It!!!
MP
Veteran

Postby MP » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:35 am

Bullet
Duck South Addict

Postby Bullet » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:31 pm

1. Killing a 8 man limit on opening morning.

2. Getting into some major IN YO FACE mallard action in flooded timber the week before Christmas. 103 ducks in 7 days. :lol: :lol: :twisted:

3. Killing a banded fathead in the timber
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Postby Jeff » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:44 pm

My most memorable moment is one I wish I could forget. Second to last weekend of the season over here, had a freind following me out to a spot he had never hunted. That morning he was having motor troubles with his Go-Devil. So I would run a ways and I would look back and he wasn't there, so I would turn around and go back and find him to make sure he was okay. About the fourth time it happened, I was wondering if I should ask him to just hunt my lease since he was having motor problems and we were getting slowed down with his motor trouble. Well I run back to go look for him and come around a bend in the bayou and see his running light that looked like it was just above the water line. My first impression was that his boat had sunk. We went about 50 yds. further and started passing debris in the bayou. I then slow down to an idle and run the Q-beam to make sure he is not in the debris. I find him clinging to the bow of the boat, with hardly any color in his face. We get his dog out of the way and we can't lift him into the boat, so we have to hold on to him and head to the bank to try and pull him out of the water. At this point he can't stand up, so we drag him out of the water, after about five minutes he can kneel down, then another five minutes he can stand up. Then we get our outher clothes off and have him take his off, and put ours on him, and I always carry a spare jacket, gloves, and face mask in the boat for just this kind of problem. We put all of that on him and then try to get his boat out of the bayou as it's just barley light and plenty of other duck hunters are going to be comig by and we don't want a bigger mess if they plow into his boat. This was all right as a front was coming through so it was quite cold esp. with the wind chill. In the mean time we get in touch with some other guys that hunt with us and they are on their way over to us to help. When they get there, they have a hyper drive and therefore more speed so they take him back to the ramp as he is setting into hyperthermia big time. We get his boat out of the water empty it, and tow it back to the landing. My freind was okay, but it still scares me to think of that morning, esp. if we hadn't been running together. Now the moral of this story he had neither a kill switch or life jacket on. I now will never run without either, always think saftey guys as you never know when t his kind of stuff can happen to you. Sorry to ruin an upbeat post with that, but it's by far my most memorable moment of the season, in fact probably of any season.
Spoonallard
Duck South Addict

Postby Spoonallard » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:28 pm

"Therefore, even the lover of myth is in a sense a philosopher; for myth is composed of wonders."
-- Aristotle
Spoonallard
Duck South Addict

Postby Spoonallard » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:42 pm

"Therefore, even the lover of myth is in a sense a philosopher; for myth is composed of wonders."

-- Aristotle
Skeeter
Veteran

Postby Skeeter » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:08 pm

uga_alum_93

Postby uga_alum_93 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:49 pm

The Bob White Quail is gentleman and you must approach him as a gentleman.

-Robert Ruark's The Old Man and the Boy

Return to “General Discussion Forum”