used shotguns

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

used shotguns

Postby missed mallards » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:42 pm

have any of ya'll ever bout a used gun. just curious. thinkin bout goin through the pawn shop's and checkin to see what they got. save alittle money. what's some thing's to look for in a used gun. don't really know what they get in but a guy i've became friend's with work's at a pawn shop and told me to stop by. said they have some nice gun's from time to time just got to be on the look out. lookin for an auto loader but don't want to shell out so many ben's to get one. Thanks.
lilhank
Regular

used guns

Postby lilhank » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:57 pm

Ducks be us
Duck South Addict

Postby Ducks be us » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:16 pm

Having a friend in the loop is a good thing...maybe he can keep a lookout for ya. Anything with rust...do not buy. Anything with scratches around the breach...do not buy. Anything pitted, inside or out...do not buy. Finding things at the pawn shop is tough, they get picked through preatty good. Persistance and a flexable check book is the key...Y'all have a nice day! 8) Let us know what ya find :wink:
"You get what you put in and people get what they deserve..." Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:38 am

So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
10_Gauge
Regular

Postby 10_Gauge » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:17 am

Try going to a gun show.....I have bought several nice shotguns ( new & used ) at bargain prices over the years.
There is a gun show this weekend ( Jan. 1st & 2nd ) in Southaven, Miss. at the Expo Center on Main Street.
Millenium Mallard
Veteran

Postby Millenium Mallard » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:02 pm

Call Dad's Super Pawn and ask for Darrell down here in Gulfport.....anything other than a 22 rifle, used or new, they give a lifetime guarantee on for free.....I don't know of anyone, anywhere, that gives that type of warantee and stands behind it......Kevin, the owner, is a great sponsor of Ducks Unlimited and Mississippi Outdoors show....been giving guns for years for our local banquet.....They will meet or beat any andvertised price on any gun....even WallyWorld....Kevin can't stand them due to the fact that they help put more mom and pop operations out of business than any other company in the US and that alone is reason for me to do business with him....they don't have what you're looking for, they'll order and have it there next day if possible.....
St.John

Return to “General Discussion Forum”