whats the weather doing in your area?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Bluesky
Veteran

whats the weather doing in your area?

Postby Bluesky » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:27 pm

Temps dropping with rain here in Tupelo.
"For we were there together, you and I, though perhaps a thousand or so miles apart. In the wild fowler's way we were together to break the ice, to slog the mud and to witness the daily explosion of sunlight..while prudent men slept safe and warm."
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:37 pm

boat the same in leland. flooding all over. should have enough water know.
Bluesky
Veteran

Postby Bluesky » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:44 pm

Yeah My folks are in Memphis pickin up Big Sis for the Holidays and they said it's gettin nasty there. I think they are calling for some sleet/ice/snow here tonight. The Ohio Valley is gettin blasted right now. should make for some good huntin next couple of days.

Hunt The Fronts
Sky
"For we were there together, you and I, though perhaps a thousand or so miles apart. In the wild fowler's way we were together to break the ice, to slog the mud and to witness the daily explosion of sunlight..while prudent men slept safe and warm."
MemphisStockBroker
Duck South Addict

Memphis....

Postby MemphisStockBroker » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:50 pm

Memphis.... interstates are at a standstill. Most bridges are iced up.
Memphis crazies are playing bumper cars. It is 'wreck central' on the streets.

... still sleeting, and the temp is dropping quickly.... eleven degrees is the low tonight.
Sometimes you just have to close your eyes, count to ten, take a deep breath and remind yourself that you wouldn't look good in prison stripes... and just smile at that dumbass and walk away.
Bluesky
Veteran

Postby Bluesky » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:56 pm

Yeah they are in line trying to get to the airport, said they are moving about 3 MPH.
Ducks be us
Duck South Addict

Postby Ducks be us » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:02 pm

About 1.5" of ice snow mix accumalated outside here. 8) The airport is closing right now. :shock:
Last edited by Ducks be us on Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You get what you put in and people get what they deserve..." Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Postby Jeff » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:03 pm

yikes, hope the roads get better by tomorrow as I am headed up to Illinios tomorrow. Ought to be clear by then, hopefully at least. As far as down here the weather is just getting here, rainin' it's but off right now. Supposed to get cool tonight and cold tomorrow. Will keep you all informed of what it's doing in IL when I get there. Supposed to be warm like 1 for the high tomorrow, however my father in law says they are putting the smack down on honkers guess I'll just have to shoot a goose!
bluwtr
Veteran

Postby bluwtr » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:23 pm

Accuweather says it's 67 with rain but it feels like 60. They are predicting wintery mix here in Pascagoula on Friday, but I'll believe it when I see it. :roll:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
:D
Wes
Beatings will continue until morale improves!!!
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:56 pm

Jeff, if you are driving through Memphis, better give yourself some extra time. Things are pretty nasty here and will not get above freezing til Sunday :shock: I just hope I can get over to a duck hole to do some shooting, all the local spots will be froze up. May just have to hit the river.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:42 pm

sondance
Veteran

Postby sondance » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:47 pm

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:16 pm

ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
D1
Duck South Addict

Postby D1 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:32 am

the wind outside has got the mighty oak trees in my yard bowing down

Thanks and may the Lord bless
Bruce
Thanks
Bruce

dogs are only as good as their trainers,and trainers are only as good as their dogs

Romans 14:11

Return to “General Discussion Forum”