Thieves

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Thieves

Postby NyssaAquatica » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:29 pm

Some Rhodes Scholars broke into my camp at Six Mile (near Money) & stole a 4 wheeler, chainsaw, & 4 cases of 12 ga shells. On the bright side, it was my old Honda that starts to sputter above 15mph because I've sunk it in beaver runs at least 4 times.

I have a good security system - it pinged me when they broke in to my shop area & notified Leflore CO/Greenwood PD. Of course they got there well after the honor students left.

What I want is to be able to check in on my security cameras in real time through an app on my phone. For that I need a good internet connection.

So, DS brain trust, who do y'all use for internet in the Greenwood/North Delta area? Or who would you recommend?
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Re: Thieves

Postby missed mallards » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:39 pm

They r running wire through money now? I was up there Friday and they were talking about it then saying itll be soon. I know whatever is up that direction for homeowners now sucks.

Me personally I’ve had great luck with trail cameras. They have an on demand feature.

Sad part is the Leo ain’t helping much in my area nor yours. If u deer hunt, they were running wild Friday lol
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:23 am

I would use those cell phone trail cameras but the service is just awful in my area.

I spoke with the Delta Electric linemen today as they were running fiber out off the 6 mile lake road, & Delta Electric will be bringing high speed internet by the beginning of January.

So, there's the answer to my original question.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:33 pm

https://delightspeed.coop/

Fiber is under construction there now. I would signup for it if I were you.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:49 pm

Until then a cspire hotspot with a WiFi extender to plug in your camera DVR will work. At least it does for us.

You may need a cellular booster?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Super-X
Veteran

Postby Super-X » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:03 pm

That Delta electric is good stuff !
GRHRCH MB's Playtime Blackdiamond MH
HRCH Devil's Malmaison Spice SH
GRHRCH Black Rock Bandit MH
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:36 am

I got a question.

If your security system can notify LEO about the break-in, couldn't it also be capable of providing pictures of Bevis and the Buttheads as well? I could see needing internet for video, but a picture could simply be stored on-site and retrieved during the "investigation", right? (I don't even know if such a feature is even available, to be honest.)

Of course, I've been known to actually think on occasion. That is a habit I am constantly trying to rectify.

Meanwhile, I hope the 4-wheeler they stole dies on em while they are hunting a muddy swamp, with a rising tide, where there is no cell service, and their truck is stuck, with 4 flat tires, out of gas, in a blizzard, and their dog runs away.

Keep us posted.
Nobody owes you anything.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:08 pm

Intergraded LEO contact and image transmission is getting pretty extravagant for the configuration side of most burglar alarms I am aware of. And even if your alarm system is smart enough to capture all the needed aspects (image of the location with movement, at the door/window being broken into, at the time of the incident), you are going to have to have a computer running all of that, not one of these dumb little number punch panels I an used to seeing. Plus I wouldn't think there is any local SO that has a way of automating the receipt of that information.

Most burglar alarms are monitored by a 3rd party company. And they get alerted via phone or internet connection. And I am unaware of a burglar alarm system with cameras integrated into it. Nor would I pay someone I do not know (and therefore can not really trust) to have camera access into or around my house or camp. In my opinion, it is best to have these systems separated. You can provide any camera footage to the authorities when or if an incident happens. This is what I do at work a good bit. I can export footage to a thumb drive and hand it to the cops. You just need to make sure that whatever it is that is storing the camera footage (computer, DVR, etc) is not accessible to anyone who breaks in. It needs to be locked up somewhere.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin

Return to “General Discussion Forum”