Clay Newcomb - Bear Grease - Holt Collier

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
booger
Veteran

Clay Newcomb - Bear Grease - Holt Collier

Postby booger » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:04 pm

I figured this crowd would enjoy a very good podcast on Holt Collier. The host is Clay Newcomb, who is part of Steven Rinellas "Meateater" crew. Clay's podcast name is "Bear Grease" and he does a deep dive on Holt,interviewing Minor Ferris Buchannon, Hank Burdine and Jonathan Wilkins. It's a three part series, so it covers a lot of amazing Mississippi Delta history. I drive a good bit for work and when I locked in on this, couldn't get out of the truck until I finished it, so you've been warned, it's a treble hook gotcha.

https://www.themeateater.com/listen/bea ... dier-and-b
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: Clay Newcomb - Bear Grease - Holt Collier

Postby teul2 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:14 pm

Bear Grease is a great podcast. I haven't listened in to one since like episode 66 about Basketball. Just for lack of time. But Holt Collier sounds right up my alley given the amount of reverence afforded to all the subjects he covers.

If you haven't listened to any, and decide to start listening, go back and listen to the series on the Folsom point / site / man who found it. It is episodes 28, 30, 32, and 34. It is dang good stuff. There are several other standout episodes like Jerry Clower, Deathwind, Rough Men, and Daniel Boone to name a few.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:27 pm

Just listened to that one. Damn! That man did some stuff! Very interesting dude for sure.

It got me searching, and I stumbled on this. It will put some faces with the voices you hear in the podcast, and tell a shorter version of that same story.
https://www.holtcollier.com/links
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
SCOOTER
Duck South Addict

Postby SCOOTER » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:55 am

Thanks, Tuel,
Kids are like coots,they come in droves for me..........

Return to “General Discussion Forum”