Ukraine??

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Ukraine??

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:22 am

Putin ain’t messing around!!! Gas should be $6 bucks soon along with everything else going through the roof except a paycheck!!! Thank you Brandon!!! I hope everyone that voted sees the importance of being energy independent now!!!!
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Re: Ukraine??

Postby missed mallards » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:33 pm

Maybe I’ve got a tin hat on but….

I’ve got a real bad feeling about this advancement from Russia. All the while China is looking at just going over to Taiwan and saying “if they can, we can too”. While every other country is looking at us for our response. Kind of a catch 22 scenario. Our president and chief, just had his bluff called. The resources Putin lacked he just walked in and took (agricultural) from Ukraine. Plus much more. Ole Korea chubby is probably dancing around in pure excitement to see what’s next.

Strategically this is scary. This is scary on so many fronts it’s unimaginable. And no it hasn’t been just a month or two of planning. It’s history. You attack your enemies at their weakest and from all aspects, we are weak. Our people are divided. Our people have no faith in Brandon at all. Our people don’t know who to trust anymore. Half these dumbarses would cheer to see troops come falling in to take over (a breech) to experience a “change”. All the while they’ll be getting full of lead.

I literally read something to not tell your children the truth about what is going on for their mental health. I mean come on!

I’m hopeful I’m wrong, but i am seeing a snowball effect rather than a quick resolve.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:40 pm

I've got adult children that are Millennials and Gen Z whereas my wife and I are Gen X or otherwise known as the MTV generation. So what the Hell does all that mean, perspective. I still remember the Soviet Union under Brezhnev up to Gorbachev and the fall of the Berlin Wall. Putin is former KGB and has said the fall of the Soviet Union is one of the darkest moments of Russian history. He is an ideologue who has waited for the right moment to strike. He would love to go back to the way things were. However, some of those countries are now members of NATO which makes this a very very dangerous situation. Russia has one thing that I am afraid they will use in the coming days in response to our sanctions and that is cyber attacks. They have already shown they can shut down a cross country pipeline with a few key strokes. I am really afraid what the coming days could show.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:53 pm

It has only been 1 year for Brandon in office and look how he is aging. 2021 was terrible and 2022 is looking worse. If something happens to him we have Kamala in line followed by pelosi. Let that sink in!
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:22 am

MM, you are not wearing a tin foil hat. Putin ain't stupid. He has seriously thought this out. He has openly stated that he wants Russia to be back to the same boundaries as the Russian Empire. He saw how we left Afghanistan, as did everybody else. He sees how we have shut down our Keystone pipeline, thus making us more dependent on foreign oil even though we have enough oil and natural gas to supply all of our own needs and still export these items to the world. He tested the West to see what would happen when he invaded Crimea (The nuclear resource capitol of Europe) and nothing happened. That gave him the confidence he needed to invade Ukraine (the breadbasket of Europe.)

Now, he has complete control of 1 of the 2 major oil pipelines in Europe. He can tell Western Europe that they must allow him to get oil from their side of the pipeline, or else he will shut off his side of the pipeline. If (or rather 'when') he takes Ukraine, he will literally be able to starve and freeze all of Europe into complete submission.

That is scary.

The good news in all of this is that NATO has the assets, resources, and ability to stop this aggression. That includes men, material, and technical know-how. Leadership in a lot of NATO countries is strong, with the guts to actually lead. Also, this trouble on the world stage is going to make our leftist politicians even more irrelevant than they have been and they will be (hopefully) removed from office.

The bad news is that our leadership is not one of those strong leaders. (Eisenhower, Kennedy, and Reagan are all dead, and Leon Panetta is out of public service.) Way too many our so-called political leaders are too petty to even try to do anything to solve this world-wide problem.

My fear is that it will get worse, a lot worse, before it gets better - if at all.

God help us. And I do mean God Almighty. Don't send Jesus. This situation is no place for children.
Nobody owes you anything.
OBoykin
Regular

Postby OBoykin » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:11 pm

Ukraine might need to consider going full Afganistan on the Russians. Roadside bombing, sniping, make anything Russian a target....send home corpses daily. Give them another war they can't win. Might not make sense to the conventional military, but can't argue with the results and Ukraine would not hear another word out of Russia.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:54 pm

I am sure everyone has seen the snake island story of the 13 men that were asked to surrender but told the warship to go F off!!!! Those are hero’s and real men. If the way they are willing to die to save their country doesn’t touch you I don’t know what will. It’s a shame we can’t have them pouring across our borders instead of most of what we are getting.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:40 am

^^^^This^^^^

And the story of the Ukrainian President issuing guns to everyone 16 - 60 so that they could be the 'Militia' to help save their country, remind me of just how precious freedom really is.

This is sooo different from when Isis was taking over that region of the Middle East and we saw all the able bodied "men" running over the very old and very young to save themselves.
Nobody owes you anything.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”