Y'all do well in the snow this weekend?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Y'all do well in the snow this weekend?

Postby NyssaAquatica » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:28 pm

Sunday morning was my first duck hunt in the snow, and boy was it fun.

Woodies just piled in early in huge groups - they really wanted to get in the trees. Shot my limit in about 75 seconds. Then I moved to some open water on the edge of our trees and waited on the mallards. Pulled the spinner and butt squirter and just watched them fall in. No calling, they just wanted out of the wind and snow. There weren't many big ducks flying but it was overall an unforgettable day.

Also, woodies kept flying all morning. Almost got tired of having groups of 2 to 5 materialize out of the gray sky and land right in the decoys. Got some great video of them working.

Anybody else do well?
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: Y'all do well in the snow this weekend?

Postby teul2 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:14 am

Love days like that.
I was on the way back from Jackson (Ron White show Sat night) and deer hunted Sunday afternoon. The deer moved mid-day so I just missed the prime action but saw a few.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:48 am

I've been grounded since the first of the year. I've got a freaking hernia that is getting fixed tomorrow morning. Begged and pleaded to get it put off until after duck and deer season and the surgeon said he didn't care, but he wouldn't recommend my going hunting. Wife happened to be sitting there with me. Told him I really appreciated that and he said don't mention it. :roll: :roll: Hopefully, I cant at least get it healed up by turkey season now.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:42 pm

Gotta be strong!

My friend missed all of last season due to a shoulder surgery, but he's felt so much better after getting it.

Hope it's worth it for you.
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:16 pm

All I accomplished was freezing my ass off
deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:24 am

I’m with seymore.

health issues since the beginning of the season have kept me watching from the sidelines. Did get on 1 good shoot before the downward spiral. Shortly there after newtons law came into affect. About the time I’d get “well” something crazy would put me back on the sidelines. Simple things, that once wouldn’t even phase me, have literally kicked my tail. I’m thankful and truthfully glad I’m back walking right now (not great but walking nonetheless) due to a simple game of horse lol.

As the saying goes “this to will pass!” And I’m definitely ready for it to pass lol.

Hopefully everybody else out there has been able to get with them and have had some enjoyable times!
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it

Return to “General Discussion Forum”