Jackson Water Issues

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Jackson Water Issues

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:37 am

https://mississippitoday.org/2021/10/20 ... ing-water/

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/new ... 409453002/

I mean, wow. The city of Jackson has not been able to get water to the people, and when they DID get water, it was poisoned.

I get it. There is a lot of blame that the current city administration can place on the administrations of the past. But that begs the question - "So what?" Somebody(s) in the Capitol City needs to be a d@mned adult and solve their problems! Hire some grant writers, use some COVID money from the feds, collect the H2O bills, and use that money to fix and maintain the freaking infrastructure!

And I haven't even touched on the crime problem. That's a whole 'nother post for later.

Rant over.
Nobody owes you anything.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: Jackson Water Issues

Postby teul2 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:00 pm

I'm going to tell ya like it is.

Hire some grant writers = no one wants to work, or they don't have the education needed to do the job.
use some COVID money from the feds = administration pocketed that money. bet!
collect the H2O bills = when the vast majority of your consumers are on govt assistance anyway, they either don't have the money, and/or are given amnesty for the bills.

So they just make the other surrounding municipalities that get something from Jackson (namely sewer) keep that system limping by.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:21 am

I hate to say it, but I agree with you 1000%.

It is truly sad, what our state's capitol has become. And I am afraid it is going to take a complete federal bailout/takeover to even make a dent in fixing the issues there. Maybe a bunch of D-8 dozers, or a busload of grandmothers MIGHT make a difference. But.....
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:29 am

I grew up in Raymond/South Jackson. Went to a small private school in South Jackson that doesn't even exist anymore. Left in 1984 and only went back for ball games When Southern MIss played Texas A & M and State. First time I spent any real time since leaving in the mid 80's was a few years ago for a reunion. Couldn't believe how much that place had fallen apart. It wasn't that great in the mid 80's but geez.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:29 am

Lack of funds is now one of the issues but long standing corruption with city based contracts took their toll on city and no-one would ever address the issue. When it come A&E firms the same firms always get the contracts (race based). I have heard there are numerous quality firms that do not even entertain their bids anymore.
Peewee
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:59 pm

How dare you insinuate there is any race based favoritism going on PeeWee!! You racist!!
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:44 am

"Race based favoritism" in contracts?!?! That's garbage. Wait, they have that problem too.

Well dam. No, that's too close to the water problem they have.

Awe h3!!. No. that's what Jackson has become.

I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:55 pm

Only one that can fix Jackson’s issues is probably old Coach Prime!! They already taking bids for a new updated stadium since the homecoming had over 50k people. I mean no water, crime ridden, pothole central, …….. so a new billion dollar stadium makes sense. Don’t move the zoo to lefluers bluff let’s keep it urban makes all the sense I needed to hear. But if anyone can get something in Jackson Primetime can. Probably the only person to have stuff stolen multiple times and had it all returned. He could probably leave a F150 unlocked and be ok.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
OBoykin
Regular

Postby OBoykin » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:20 pm

Coach Prime has interviewed for a job at TCU. So there's that. Not saying he will be their first choice, but he probably knows the long term prospects of remaining in a war zone.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:16 pm

TCU just using that interview as a stunt with zero intentions of hiring him. Just checking off boxes. JSU pays him 300k!!!!! If they happened to offer him that job he would be gone before the new custom suits arrive!!!!
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:36 am

Well. According to the news this morning, the City of Jackson's water system has now completely collapsed. They have issued a boil water advisory for the ENTIRE city. Apparently, the only thing the water coming slowly out of the faucets is good for right now is putting out a limited number of fire types. Namely small campfires and discarded cigarette butts.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:41 am

Burn it all and start over.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:26 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I hate to say it, but I agree. Heard on the news this morning that Mississippi has the highest per capita murder rate in the country, with Jackson being the top of the list. Gunshots are heard in the Governor's mansion. Potholes in city streets require 'rock-crawler' 4WD. And the water and sewer system has completely broken down.

I wonder if we can use some of the COVID money from the feds to rent a bunch of D-8 bulldozers level the place.

Rant over.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:15 pm

Must be fake news!!!!! No way a Big Kenny and Chokwe will let Jackson fall behind!!!! They kept the zoo in the heart of Jackson to keep it urban. Guess they wanna do the same for ALL of Jackson!!!! If that was the plan it’s the biggest success ever!! Let’s GO CHOKWE!!!!!!
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:21 pm

Speaking of Jackson, had a customer's F150 stolen from the front door of Bonsai on Lakeland last night. At the front door. JPD stated they are seeing 15-20 Ford F150's stolen per day in Jackson currently. If you plan to come down here, don't come in a Ford. My advice is avoid Jackson at all costs.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”