Shell shocked!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Shell shocked!

Postby missed mallards » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:08 pm

No pun intended. But geez!

Dove shells.

1) they aren’t in every store and are kind of hard to find. Specifically if you shoot one brand and shell combo.

2) when u do find them, holy cow! Up at least 35% from previous years. Wish my income would have increased 35%! If you like sub gauges it takes it to a whole new level!

Finally can get rifle ammo and now can’t find shotgun shells. I guess one way to take guns from the people is to make to where it’s of no value to own the gun cause u can’t afford to make it go boom!
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
DuckBoat
Veteran

Re: Shell shocked!

Postby DuckBoat » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:48 am

Yeah shells aren’t the only thing. Lumber , steel, aluminum, etc.

Outboards are bringing over msrp. Called Brookhaven Honda Wednesday about getting a price on a new four wheeler and said they “may” have some in January. Everything is presold until then so I guess they are getting just about whatever they want for them. I think I will just wait and see if things will ever settle out since I have a few older ones and a ranger that still run good.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:55 pm

went to wally world yesterday and saw very few shot shells on the shelf. There were like 6 boxes of random 28ga and I got the only 4 boxes of Remington 16ga lead #6s they had. $9 something a box. But I haven't see the Remington STS clays loads I like to shoot in a year. I also found a deal online a few weeks ago for the "bucket of bullets" with 1400 count of 22lr for .10 cents a round. That was as close to a normal price as I have seen in over a year so I grabbed 2 of them also.

And you are right about steel. Work is putting an addition on the building, It took 8 months to get the steel to build it. Vehicles, UTVs, outboards, or anything with a motor is going above MSRP these days. It's insane.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Super-X
Veteran

Postby Super-X » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:03 pm

It's a crazy world we now live in!
GRHRCH MB's Playtime Blackdiamond MH
HRCH Devil's Malmaison Spice SH
GRHRCH Black Rock Bandit MH
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:12 pm

fed blue box are now selling for 17 a box. I found some for 10 bucks a box last month and bought 3 cases.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”