Bow shops

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Bow shops

Postby teul2 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:37 am

Are there still any bow shops in the Jackson area?
I know Bill's in Pearl changed hands a while back. But are they still around? I am going to need a new bow in the next year or two and just don't really trust most people to set one up unless they do it all the time. Not to mention I don't want to spend a grand on a bare bow. So I'd like to see some other options.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
SB
Duck South Addict

Re: Bow shops

Postby SB » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:29 pm

I think the old Bill’s archery is the only real bow shop around. I was asking this same question last week to a coworker who is Jerry Emerson’s son. He said the old Bill’s was still open. I think it is called B & B Archery.

I like and trusted Emerson’s Archery. Wish there was more options. There was at least 4 bow shops in the metro area 30 years ago.
Scott Baker
Odis
Veteran

Postby Odis » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:52 am

I bought a bow for my son from Delta outfitters in Vicksburg about 3 years ago, paid full retail but did have good service, I heard about a place in the Gluckstadt area, Gator Archery I think, never been there but heard good things about them
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:04 am

I forget about Delta Outfitters (old Hadadds) on 61.
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:08 am

Hadads in Vicksburg and you have B&B in Pearl off Pearson Rd. They just built a new store and its nice. You also have Vans and the new guy Southern Bound in Gluckstadt who I don't think sell Mathews. I think they are hoyt and PSE guys, but I may be mistaken.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:58 pm

Thanks Vickers.
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:37 pm

The mba is having a dinner at Merigold.

Go have a few drinks, get dinner, and find someone who has a home shop that likes to get it “right”.

Hard to get it micro dialed in at a shop. Some it doesn’t bother, I had to find a guy lol.

Delta outfitters and the place in Grenada (Mathews) are both the same 2 I hear when getting a new bow.

Some shops act like they r selling Gucci and treat customers as such. Been a many shop I’ve walked in and walked out of because of their staff.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:21 am

Go see Angie at Delta outfitters in Vicksburg. She is one of the best around and been doing it a long time. Every time I have a problem that needs to be fixed she takes care of it.
Peewee
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:22 am

I bought a press and learned how to tear my bow down, put it back together and tune it to shoot bullet holes in paper. The shop I used would eyeball it and if it looked good that was good enough. There were so many things I wanted to try and running to the shop just wasn't going to cut it. I also learned how to fletch and build my own arrows. If you are around Tupelo I'll be happy to help as much as I can.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:17 am

That's the kind of service I am looking for Seymore. Seems that no one does it anymore. And I am not dedicated to the bow enough to invest the time and money into doing it my self.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:59 pm

Joel,

You come across like a crossbow kind of fella.

Regards,
DDM
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:34 am

:lol:
Scott Baker
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:25 pm

edit
Last edited by Seymore on Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:26 pm

I broke down and bought a crossbow but I prefer my compound. I use the crossbow on days I just can't pull the compound. I am really not looking forward to the day I am not at all able to shoot my compound. I can say one thing about a Crossbow, they are wicked accurate. I can back up to 60 yards and put bolts into a 2 inch circle.

Super-X
Veteran

Postby Super-X » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:28 pm

Joel, check with Mark @ Hunters Place in Elliott, MS 662-226-350seven
GRHRCH MB's Playtime Blackdiamond MH
HRCH Devil's Malmaison Spice SH
GRHRCH Black Rock Bandit MH

Return to “General Discussion Forum”