Rain

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Rain

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:16 am

Spoke with a buddy of mine yesterday in Clarksdale. He said that he's had about 13 inches of rain in two days on his farm. This was before the rains last night. No telling how wet his crops are now.

How about the rest of you? How is everyone holding up? We have the gopher wood ordered.
Nobody owes you anything.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: Rain

Postby teul2 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:30 am

I could whitewater raft the Big Sand creek in Carrollton this morning. It gained about 12ft over night.
Driving into Greenwood this morning, there was water on 82 in several locations. Kirk Power Sports show yard was flooded with a bunch of high dollar mowers in it.
Coworkers text pictures of really high water on Hwy 7 between Holcomb and Greenwood. Some almost impassible.

It's biblical up here right now.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Re: Rain

Postby missed mallards » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:54 am

And more coming down now!

North delta and north eastern corner I’ve received reports from 13-16” of rain. Odd thing, I have some folks that haven’t received an inch.

It ain’t good by any means. Folks outside dumass Arkansas have been flooding since the start of the storms. Coworker tried to drive to Little Rock and the hwy (think 65) was impassable. And it hasn’t stopped.

The cool thing was the cloud that kept dropping a tail yesterday. It tried several times but thankfully never got traction. The bad thing was there was a tail that was dropping out of the clouds and I was in my truck. I decided then I’d head home.

Hopefully it disappears and drains quickly.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it

Return to “General Discussion Forum”