Man Rule #587/J Green Upsilon - A Violation

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Man Rule #587/J Green Upsilon - A Violation

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:14 am

Well, I did it. I have been trying to break the above mentioned Man Law for years. Now, with the current political and sociological situation we find our country in, I have finally been able to do so. Therefore, I plead guilty as charged.

My crime? I just purchased a new gun and put it in my wife's purse for her personal protection. And this thing is nice! A whole lot better than my old Kel-Tec P11. I got her a S&W M&P Bodyguard in .380acp, with the crimson tracer sights. And I thought my P11 was small! This thing is downright teeny-tiny!

Next steps? Making sure that she is adequately trained and practiced in everything about that firearm, from situational awareness for prevention, all the way through coming home safe and sound at the end of the day.

Oh, and I had probably better be nicer too, huh?
Nobody owes you anything.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: Man Rule #587/J Green Upsilon - A Violation

Postby teul2 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:23 am

Good for you. I do like the feel of that Bodyguard.
My wife either carries a Ruger LCP 380, or a Charter Arms 38 snubby. She even finally, after several years, found a suitable conceal carry purse with the "hidden" quick access pocket. So rather than that thing being lost in the abyss that is a woman's purse, it has a dedicated place, that is always in position for a correct and quick draw from the holster.

Good luck, and be nice.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:57 am

I have that same pistol and carry it like a wallet pretty often. Trigger pull is forever long, but its a good feeling gun.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:25 am

Practicing with a pistol. She tends to shoot low. Normally this would be bad, but at the ranges she will be using this thing, not so much. She will aim center mass, but at worst she will literally shoot the bad guys b@!!$ off. :shock: We will work on proper shot placement and grouping once she is more comfortable with the firearm. :oops:

And yes. I AM being very nice nowadays. :D
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:26 am

Get her to shoot one of these "diagnostic targets" and then work on what it tells you she is doing.

https://www.gungoddess.com/blogs/troubl ... sis-charts
There are plenty of tutorials on the Youtube for fixing these issues.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:41 am

Some guns have a 6 o’clock hold within so many yards.

For instance a 1911 has a 6 o’clock hold at 25 and a dead hold at 50. May want to experiment with distances to see where the gun aligns.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon May 03, 2021 7:28 am

^^^interesting^^^

But I gotta ask. Who - outside of law enforcement - is shooting a pistol at 50 yards? These pistols are designed as GOMAD guns (Get Off My booty Dammit). They really aren't designed for hunting the bad guys.

Heck, even if I am out hunting in the woods and get chased by a wild hog; it's gonna get shot from as high up the closest tree as I can climb!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”