Ending Restrictions

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
donia
Duck South Addict

Re: Ending Restrictions

Postby donia » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:35 pm

Starkville finally ends mandate May1 and county generally follows suit...will still be up to the merchants on masks, I’m sure. And there will still be people driving around, allllll alone in their cars, with masks on!
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Fri May 14, 2021 7:06 am

Per CDC, if you are fully vaccinated against the covid, you don't have to wear a mask everywhere.

I'm not calling any names, but there's some folks that need to keep a mask on regardless. :P :lol: :lol:

Now, if they'll just allow those younger than 12 to get vaccinated, that'd be great. (And yes, if you are able to get the shot, there's no excuse. Get it. This $h!t is real.)
Nobody owes you anything.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed May 19, 2021 7:50 am

Well, it is happening. Our office has made the decision to stop remote work effective June 1. As of that date, everyone must be back in the office to work.

As expected, the exodus has begun. I had a meeting with one person on Thursday afternoon of last week, and she turned in her notice at COB because she had to come back into the office. Another didn't even bother to meet with me, she just quit'

How many more do you think will quit between now and June 1? and June 12? (That is when the Federal unemployment ends)
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Mon May 24, 2021 5:04 pm

Keep us posted as I’d be curious to know that final tally. I suspect there will be tons and tons of folks that won’t come back to work all over the country. That or they will find companies that will allow them to continue to work from home. The companies that figure this out will most likely surge in 2021.
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Wed May 26, 2021 7:41 pm

I think u nailed it. We’ve lost a ton since there pushing the return to the office agenda. And lost some really good ones which will suck. Several of which surprised everyone when they gave their notice.

On another side, I have several friends that have turned this into a great advancement. Most that have accomplished finding another remote job have received a very nice bump. I haven’t heard of anyone that hasn’t. Then again many that I know do have some type of specialty (I gotta find me a specialty lol).
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu May 27, 2021 8:21 am

So far, the only ones who have balked at returning to the office are falling into 2 distinct categories -

Those who see themselves as prima-donnas and think they are better than others due to some certification, and

Those who see that the Fed's are paying so much more for unemployment that they are literally looking for any excuse to not go to work.

Neither of which I need or want.

And after the last meetings I had with my Prima-donnas earlier this month - - - - - good riddance to those in both categories. I told my boss that if we needed to, I'd start all over from scratch. And she agreed. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:11 am

Well, I only had one person to NOT see the urgency of returning to the office on June 1. And she's a manager!?!?!?!?! :roll: :roll: :roll: Yeah, she's now taking vacation time to solve her daycare issue. The same one that everyone else has solved - and had over a month to do so.

BTW, we start interviewing for vacancies next week.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”