Excellent Customer Service

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Excellent Customer Service

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:28 am

Yesterday, I had to deal with not one, but two (2) different companies on customer service issues. (I know, tempting fate, right?)

The first was American Express. The wife had a suspicious charge on her card - over $4,000 worth of suspicious. Well, they jumped right on it. That card was cancelled. The replacement card was received the very next day. Automatic payments and transfers we have associated with that card were swapped over to the new card seamlessly, actually automatically. And I mean all this happened without my bride missing a step! Yes, you pay an annual fee for the green card. But for the level of service that you get with AmEx; it is well worth it.

The second was the Victrinox Company. The makers of that venerable Swiss Army Knife. I have carried their Mechanic model for over 20 years. The scales were broken. The tooth pick and tweezers have long since been lost, and I have used the blades so much that even when the knife was closed, the tip would occasionally stick me in the leg simply due to the fact that the blades were worn down. I love that knife.

It did cost me $5.00 in shipping. But I got the knife back yesterday from their repair center in Connecticut. Brand new scales, brand new blades, and brand new tweezers and tooth pick. It is like I have a brand new knife.

I've said it before. A kind word never goes unheard - it just too often goes unsaid. Well, here are two products that have proven to me that they are well worth the money spent.
Nobody owes you anything.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: Excellent Customer Service

Postby teul2 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:23 am

Always good to see a company stand behind their product or service.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:55 pm

Good to hear about your experience. I don’t have either of those items, but I’m more likely to become one of their customers now.
Scott Baker
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:38 am

After posting yesterday, I got to thinking about that particular SAK, and what all I have done with it. And it has been used to do EVERYTHING. It has cleaned things from wild game to small machinery. It has been used to fix my glasses, my dinner, my car, my house, office equipment, broken furniture, field equipment, and even the occasional cocktail. And I have traveled with it everywhere from the desserts in the Southwest US, to the jungles of South America, to - as Jimmy Buffett sang - 'neith the african skies...'

God I love that knife.

Don't leave home without it.
Nobody owes you anything.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”