New legislation proposed to require permit to hunt with dogs - includes duck dogs

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
randywallace
Veteran

New legislation proposed to require permit to hunt with dogs - includes duck dogs

Postby randywallace » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:54 pm

read the full bill here:

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/docume ... 2485IN.pdf

SENATE BILL NO. 2485
1 AN ACT TO AUTHORIZE THE ISSUANCE STATEWIDE OF A PERMIT FOR
2 HUNTING WITH DOGS, TO BE PATTERNED AFTER THE PERMIT AUTHORIZED IN
3 HOMOCHITTO NATIONAL FOREST UNDER THE REGULATIONS OF THE
4 MISSISSIPPI DEPARTMENT OF WILDLIFE, FISHERIES AND PARKS; AND FOR
5 RELATED PURPOSES.
Odis
Veteran

Re: New legislation proposed to require permit to hunt with dogs - includes duck dogs

Postby Odis » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:01 pm

I don’t know what to say about this, my dog is a duck dog, he never gets out of my sight, on my land!???? He never gets out of my sight! I understand irresponsible owners turning deer dogs loose, it’s not the dogs’s fault but mine is by may side unless he’s getting a duck, confounding!
stang67
Duck South Addict

Re: New legislation proposed to require permit to hunt with dogs - includes duck dogs

Postby stang67 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:54 pm

I was never a big fan of the neighbors running dogs ... until they started running corn.

Deer don’t act right anymore, and it’s dam depressing.
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:42 pm

Yep. The bill doesn’t exclude any dogs or breeds.
Scott Baker
Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:39 am

Requires radio collars too. Insane... Could someone post reps phone numbers or emails?
https://www.facebook.com/Mississippi-Hu ... 906656797/
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:09 am

Seems to me a couple representatives wrote a bill that would go over about as well as a david allen coe song at blm rally so at the end of the day they could tell their big money donors "we tried" without alienating their kin folk by specifically targeting their trudichuns. They've probably got a bright future ahead of them in politics.
deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:19 am

Its BS and if passed I will be breaking the law
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:23 am

"I'm all for it!" is what I'd say to the crazy cat ladies.

But to anyone with a lick of sense, it is a stupid bill that will very probably cause more problems than it would solve. (Darned ole 'unintended consequences'.) And besides, how would they enforce it? Are we going to have game wardens turned into dog catchers? If so, there are a couple in my neighborhood that need to be taken to the pound.
Nobody owes you anything.
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:55 pm

I just took the time to read this legislation, one word : unbelievable.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read, why not get a permit for the fleas too?
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:01 am

Have Senators Whaley and Blackwell lost their minds? I thought people in Marshall, Tate, and DeSoto counties were smarter than to elect such 'representation' to the State of Mississippi.
Nobody owes you anything.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:08 am

I made a phone call to a Senator that I know well on the wildlife and fisheries committee who assured me it wouldn't make it out of committee. It didn't. It was DOA. I understand why it was written but the way it was written wasnt the correct way. It was written to curtail the outlaw deer dog runners. They way it was written cast a broad net that encompassed all dog hunters and that wasn't the intention.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”