Stolen Boat...Just Cannot Stand a Thief!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
brake man
Veteran

Stolen Boat...Just Cannot Stand a Thief!

Postby brake man » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:12 pm

I doubt there is any chance of locating and recovering my 14' jon boat, but I wanted to post up some information just in case. Right before Christmas, my brother took his daughters hunting and called me later that morning to tell me one of our jon boats, a push pole, and couple of other things had been stolen within the past couple of weeks. Thankfully, they only took one of the boats and left the two others, as well as the pirogue. I apparently forgot to run the cable through the top boat and then re-lock it before I left during my previous visit. This boat is not of great financial value. However, this boat had been my Granddad's and has a lifetime of memories for my brother and me. I had re-painted it a few years ago and just touched it up a month or so, which made it very well camouflaged for where we hunt in Tunica, MS.

The boat was stolen in Tunica, MS, so it may anywhere within a 200-mile radius (or could be across country, as far as I know). Please be on the lookout for anyone who talks about a "great deal" they got on a painted 14' boat or for someone who shows up with a "Christmas present" boat at your camp, boat launch, etc. Here is the boat information I am going to provide the sheriff and the game warden tomorrow:

Monarch
14 ft. jon boat
Manuf. Hull I.D. No. MAK62516M
Boat Reg. No. (that is painted over but on the boat): TN 7174 DC
Completely covered in camo paint (with some dirt, too)
This is a boat photo I could find from this past summer with my son while fishing. You may be able to see the switch and the rear running light connection on the back right corner of the boat. This is one distinguishing feature that may stand out if you happen to run into the boat somewhere. The other photo is from last season just for reference.

***Photos are too large. Please see the following link to those who may be on The Refuge Forums: https://www.refugeforums.com/threads/st ... f.1068825/ ***

I can use the other boats and can always get another one. However, this was one special boat. Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Happy 2021!

Thanks,

Stephen
brake man
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: Stolen Boat...Just Cannot Stand a Thief!

Postby teul2 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:13 am

Sorry bud. I'll keep an eye out.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:38 am

If you don't get it back, I hope it sinks.

With a full load of brand new and expensive gear.

In fast flowing ice water.

Due to their reactions of their dog crapping on said gear.

Good luck.
Nobody owes you anything.
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:48 pm

I know the hate for a thief. I hope you get it back.
Scott Baker
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:37 pm

The thing about thieving, the person doing it knows it ain't theirs, knows it and they don't care. If you catch them, you show them what "not caring" is all about.

All of my radar and antenna will be on full power.

Probably close by, too much work for lazy POS thief to move it far.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:45 am

Tunica County. You can probably see it riding around in the back of a pick up in the spring with a spare tire in it. Bucket Sitting Season is getting closer. I bet it will be around one of the local oxbows.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:11 pm

I know it's an old thread, but have o seen it around the oxbows? and if so, did you steal it back?
Nobody owes you anything.
brake man
Veteran

Postby brake man » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:38 pm

I have not been in the area since last duck season, so I have not had a chance to do any sleuthing around. Sure hope I do run into it one day, since it will be in my possession before I leave wherever I see it. 8)
brake man

Return to “General Discussion Forum”