Speaking of College Football

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Speaking of College Football

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:31 am

Does anyone else think the college football playoff committee has simply been on autopilot all year long? These 4 teams were selected back in August! Clemson lost to Notre Dame, then turned right around and beat the snot out of them in the conference championship. Ohio State didn't play enough games to qualify, until their conference panicked and bowed to pressure like bad origami. In my ever so humble, albeit excellent opinion, the top 4 teams should be:

1 - Alabama
2 - Clemson
3 - Texas A&M
4 - Cincinnati

With Coastal Carolina having a good argument for including them in the mix. (Yeah, those guys in teal!)

And on top of all that, it sounds like Oprah is giving out bowl invitations. Everybody goes to a bowl! You go to a bowl! They go to a bowl! H3ll, we have 3 wins and WE are going to a bowl! #HailState

By the way, due to COVID, we are actually going to have spring college football because some conferences delayed their season until FEBRUARY.

Wow! Rant over.
Nobody owes you anything.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Re: Speaking of College Football

Postby deltadukman » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:52 pm

This proves its all about TV ratings/money. A&M got hosed.
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:33 pm

A&M has a huge fanbase though.
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:12 pm

This What is the year to keep two SEC schools out of the college football playoffs. The committee could do whatever they wanted to this year and they did.
No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:57 pm

NyssaAquatica, "A&M has a huge fanbase though."

Not as large as her lady of the blind and crippled
deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:20 am

I think part of why I am really ticked off about this year in the college football playoffs is the fact that the 4 chosen teams were chosen back in August! Does ND deserve to be in? Absolutely not. They got pummeled by Clemson in the ACC championship. Does A&M deserve to be in? Absolutely. Their only loss was to the number 1 team in the country. Does Ohio State deserve to be in? No. The Big 10 didn't play enough games to deserve representation. and on top of that, Ohio State didn't play enough games to legitimately get into their own conference championship. (Aaaahh politics.)
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:08 am

Heard the news this morning that JSU is getting ready to start their season next month. Aaaahh yes, more college football. (The SWAC ain't the only conference playing in the spring, by the way) Who else is going to play? And how much y'all wanna bet that some of these games will be televised? And I mean on big networks too!

God I love this country.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”