Marijuana Business

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Marijuana Business

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:55 am

Ok. I guess I just never noticed it before, or maybe it IS a new phenomenon. I had to run a Christmas errand for the bride Monday, and I noticed two, not just one, but TWO specialty stores on the same block that sold CBD oil and only CBD oil. I thought these stores were just in urban areas, not out in the suburbs. Learn something new every day.

Is there that much demand for CBD oil? And what will medical marijuana do to/for these businesses?
Nobody owes you anything.
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Re: Marijuana Business

Postby NyssaAquatica » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:49 pm

Often, CBD oil is based on Spice, which is a "synthetic" cannabinoid that can really screw you up. My wife sees about 1 patient a week at UMC who took bad Spice.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:09 am

Is that anything like the 'bath salts' stuff we heard about in the news a few years ago? That stuff got weird.
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:43 pm

They're both synthetic, they act a bit differently on the person. Both can give you auditory and visual hallucinations and increase your heart rate. But, Spice generally relaxes the consumer, whereas Bath Salts really excites them to where it often causes panic attacks or outbursts of anger and violence.

The relaxation angle is why Spice is marketed in conjunction with marijuana products.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:47 am

Hmm, last night I noticed that the KFC at Colony Crossing is GONE. I wonder if they are getting ready to open up a 'treatment center'. :shock: There goes the d@mn neighborhood. :roll: :roll: :cry:
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:39 am

Ok, I am hijacking my own thread here.

Now, "Medical Marijuana" is legal statewide. I admit that I didn't want it, and still don't. I voted against it, lamented its passage, and applauded the State Supreme Courts decision about it,

That said, it passed anyway with a very strong majority approval. And now that it is the law of the land, how do you think this will affect you and your community? Or will it?

Good or bad, what are your thoughts on this new law? I'd like to know what the DS Brain Trust thinks. Thanks.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:26 am

Read the entire bill. Your city you live in can opt out of the program all together and any grow facility or dispensary has to have approval from council before opening. It will be like alcohol sales were in the past. It will be on the outskirts of town so to speak. You will have to drive to get it at first. Ms now has one of the most conservative medical marijuana programs nationwide now only allowing 3.0 oz a month. The money it will generate with a 12% tax is insane. This will be a huge boost for ms creating lots of high paying jobs and opportunities along with tax $$$. But like alcohol this too will make its way to a town near you in years to come. Just look what happens nationwide. First its legal for medical use then in 6-7 years it’s legal recreational. We shall see but I think it has a lot of positives for this state. For once Ms isn’t the last one to allow it. But with almost 74% of people voting in favor of initiative 65 it won’t be long before it is legal for recreational use. Tate didn’t want it but he also didn’t want to kill his political career. The main thing that sticks out is the firearm purchase for marijuana card holders. You will not be able to purchase a new firearm once you obtain a medical marijuana card.

If you have the $$$ this is fixing to be a gold rush for Mississippi and I would urge you to get with one of the BIG companies here before all the shares are gone.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:28 pm

Forbidding firearm purchases seems to be an untoward restriction of a citizen's 2A rights.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:12 am

^^^So, what else is new from our Federal Friends?^^^
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:06 pm

Not the feds. State says you can have any firearms and permits that you possessed before receiving a medical marijuana card. You just can’t purchase a “new” one. Can go to any gun show or private sale and buy all you want. Not sure why “new sales” were targeted?
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:57 pm

My concern is the money. Marijuana is still illegal on the Federal level and can't be banked so where does the money go. Anytime there is a large sum of cash sitting around it brings bad characters who want to take that money away. There was a bill that passed in April of 2021 in the House but it didn't get any further to my knowledge.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:38 pm

There will be banks here that deal with it just as they do in all other states medical marijuana is legal
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:57 pm

I will admit I am for MM. I have watched too many family members suffer with terminal illnesses like cancer and Parkinson disease that could have greatly benefited from it. The fact that we have a state legislator that voted to tax it shows how immoral they are. If it was passed for recreational use tax the hell out of it but for medical use is insane. This shows how big pharma lobbyist control your representatives (whether they admit to it or not).

Seymore the bill that was passed in April was essentially killed by Queen Narcist Mary from Madison lawsuit.
Peewee
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:15 am

The bank issue and the gun issue are both addressed in the MM law. But both are a moot point because federal law always trump state law.

That means that, if the feds wanted to push it, you could not purchase, possess, or own a firearm if you use medical marijuana. So if you have a MM card, don't carry it in your wallet to the duck blind.

It also means that - should the feds wish to do so - no federally chartered bank can accept money from the medical marijuana industry. The same goes for one that is FDIC insured, because the feds control that as well. That means, the First National Bank of (INSERT NAME HERE) can't accept money from the industry, nor can any state bank that is FDIC insured. That includes money from growers, dispensaries, employees and yes, even doctors; And they can't accept money for deposits, loan payments, or any other financial services. Sucks, don't it?

To get around all of this federal law, some of these MM businesses are buying bank branches just for their vaults and hiring rambo wannabe's to guard them. (Hey, those 'tackti-cool' retards have to get a job somewhere.) But then stoners can't have a gun anyway, so....
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:23 pm

[/quote]Seymore the bill that was passed in April was essentially killed by Queen Narcist Mary from Madison lawsuit.[/quote]

The bill I am referring to was in the US house where it has passed fived times. It is known as the Safe Banking Act. It is illegal for any National Bank or Federally insured Bank to handle funds obtained through Marijuana as it is still illegal in all forms under the Federal Gov't. The bill has died in committee and been stripped out of other legislation. Anytime you have high amounts of cash laying around you invite trouble. That's what this bill is designed to prevent. Whether you agree with marijuana or not I thing everybody can agree that having large sums of cash invites trouble and that's not something anybody wants.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”