Marijuana Business

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Re: Marijuana Business

Postby lilwhitelie » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:48 pm

Any FDIC insured bank or credit union is allowed to transact with any cannabis related company as long as proper paperwork is completed. They are controlled by FinCEN.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:47 am

^^^And who do we think controls them?^^^ Just sayin'.

BTW, did y'all hear the news out of Tupelo? The TVA has taken the position that they will not serve any business in the marijuana industry. Don't know how they are going to make the distinction, but they were very adamant about that. (Of course, this could change once the money starts rolling in; But, d@mn those pesky 'unintended consequences', huh?)
Nobody owes you anything.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:15 am

Hope TVA keeps their word!!!!! With 12% tax this will be a huge $$$$$ maker for the state of Mississippi.All cities and municipalities have till June to completely opt out and stay cannabis free!!! Let’s see how many choose to do so.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:07 pm

I haven’t seen a state that has legalized it implode. Banks are excepting it, the tax base are absorbing it, and life tends to keep on. I also can’t understand how folks view it as an end to society while being understandable to opioids. Who knows, they may be heavily invested in a pharma company? It’s the “one sin is greater theory” when all of it falls under the same bases.

The tva has their opinion but I’ll wager that it’s a squeaky wheel scenario. Meaning no where in the law will they get a kick back for it. Sure they’ll get more business but really, with the huge amounts of money floating around, why won’t they profit? In reality greed will “alllow” them to see through a different set of green glasses. In short they’ll either face discrimination for not giving a service to someone, or they’ll make their opinion known and be bought off by a federal grant/tax break that will allow them to build their businesses bigger.

As far as banking… banks make money by lending money. The more money they have to lend the more they make. I’m sure the banks will find a work around to accommodate the surge in money. Let’s face it, someone is going to need to borrow money for the infrastructure to get the industry up and blowing smoke. Where will the money come from for buildings, farms, so on?

In short this wasn’t all passed for the greater good of those needing the effects of Mary Jane. It was based off $, to make $, and the ‘happy’ side effect is that those in pain gets some relief. Sadly, that’s how it’ll work. And as always, there’ll only be a few that get to reach in and grab their helping, all in all to “help” the sick.

So greed is my word of the day.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:11 am

Yep…..it was all started with the end goal being legal for recreation. That is how everyone makes the most money. I was sitting in on a pitch the other day and the guy making it said just that. Not sure what effect it will have on the state, but that’s definitely the end game.
Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:49 pm

My daughter who is outside industrial supply sales said lotta the parts store clerks were moving to CO to smoke pot!
Must be me but all the pot stocks in the market ain’t doing chit????
States where recreational marijuana is legal:
Colorado
Washington
Alaska
Oregon
Washington, D.C.
California
Maine
Massachusetts
Nevada
Michigan
Vermont
Guam
Illinois
Arizona
Montana
New Jersey
New York
Virginia
New Mexico
Connecticut

BTW. Does anybody ever hear from “Duramax” since he moved to Arkansas?
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:12 pm

JLT which presentation did you attend?? Check PM
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:47 am

You guys are absolutely right. It is all about the $.

I am very interested in seeing just how they work around the federal law to accommodate this industry. And for the record, I want to see a track record before I invest my hard earned money.
Nobody owes you anything.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:20 am

The numbers are there with track records to prove projections etc. This isn’t like MS will be the first. Anyone seriously considering investing should at least see one of the presentations and make a decision afterwards. Let me know if your interested because it is no cheap venture.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE

Return to “General Discussion Forum”