No debate talk?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

No debate talk?

Postby missed mallards » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:14 am

Can’t believe ole joe and the big don squared up and not a single comment!

I couldn’t force myself to watch it. I tried, and tried, and really tried! The whole bickering got old and truthfully it just got to the point I had better things to do than watch it.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: No debate talk?

Postby teul2 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:23 am

It was a 2 on 1 fight, they baited Trump and he took it, got frustrated, and it got dirty.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:09 am

I had to watch that stupid thing 3 times yesterday because of my civics classes. HORRIBLE
bucks n beaks
Veteran

Postby bucks n beaks » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:13 am

My take on a few things from the other night:

1) I didn't like the interruptions from either side until it became evident that Wallace was only there to run interference for Biden. once that was evident, the gloves were off. I didn't have any respect for Biden to begin with, but i thought it was good that the country was able to see the evil nastiness that came out of his mouth telling a sitting POTUS to "shut up", calling him a clown, calling him a racist, and all the other poor choice of words he used. Ole moderate, sleepy-Joe ain't who he wants you to think he is.
2) Wallace hit Trump with follow-up after follow-up on pointless topics that either have no bearing on the current state of affairs (global warming) or have been well documented what Trump's position was, is, and will be (condemning hate groups/white supremacy). Wallace, rather than acknowledging those condemnations, kept with the Left's narrative. Yet let Biden off with the statement that Antifa is just an "idea", his son's international mis-dealings were lies and have been discredited, denial of video evidence of Biden calling a group of Troops "stupid bastards". Had Trump not brought these issues up, Wallace never would have.
3) This debate may or may not have swayed anyone who was on the fence. It depends on if they were actually listening to the content and not being disctracted by the circus. If you were Red before the debate, you're still Red. Same for the Blues Clues Lefties. However, I believe his strategy was to light an even bigger fire under his base to be sure to get out and vote. And i think he did that. Also, he backed Biden into several corners and made him walk back several of his previously stated positions such as the Green New Deal, the Bernie-Biden Manifesto, Law and Order, defunding the police, shut downs, and a few others. If anything, i think Biden did just as Trump said a few times, "you just lost the Left". Maybe not as a whole, but it showed that he has been and will continue to have his strings pulled, but won't be able to stay the course once he faces adversity.
4) Covid-19, you either believe one or the other. It was/is bad, yes. No one knew how it would affect the world, and what the correct strategy was on how to handle it. Shutting down travel was the right thing to do. But because it was Trump's idea, it was a "bad idea" according to the Left. This thing was a moving target. What the experts knew changed daily, therefore your strategy had to change daily. A brief shut down was necessary so as not to overwhelm the health care system, which it never was. But these continuous shut downs have hurt the country as a whole. The president is responsible for the entire country, not just a portion. His actions have to be for the betterment of the nation. He can't just pick and choose who he needs to act on behalf of. Biden has never stated or shown what he would have done differently to put us in a better position as a country. He can't. He's had 47 years to make a difference for the country.
5) Economy - no one can deny what Trump has done with the economy. What it was when he took office, what he did to grow it in 3 years like he did, and what the shut downs did to it. But, as you can see, since states have started to re-open and get going again, so has the economy, folks returning to work, V-shaped recovery. WTF is a "K-shaped" recovery anyways? Biden never explained that.

From a visual standpoint, the whole appearance of the debate was a $#!+ show. Like I said, I don't think it changed the views of anyone who already knows which way they are voting. It may not have changed the views of the fence riders, but at least he was able to point out Biden's wishy-washy character.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:36 am

Didn't watch it. I have better things to do with my time than to listen to two grown men b!tch at each other. From what I gathered afterward, everyone showed a gross lack of maturity. It hasn't swayed my vote, and I don't think others were swayed either.

Besides, if I want to hear whining, I can just tell my 6yo to go to bed.
Nobody owes you anything.
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:12 am

I had to watch that stupid crap 3 times. I love teaching civics but man it can be painful.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:07 pm

Whatever side you’re on, this social media censorship has got to terrify you. This is bad, bad stuff.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:50 am

Luckily the social media censorship has backfired bigntime on them.

Even though the local news is not talking about the Biden laptop discovery, everybody in America knows about it.

Hopefully enough undecided voters will recognize that we can’t have a compromised person in the White House.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George

Return to “General Discussion Forum”