Will CCP virus affect your club?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
cupnglide
Veteran

Will CCP virus affect your club?

Postby cupnglide » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:38 pm

Just asking the question, are members of your club dropping out? Are they scared of the virus? Are they still in financial difficulties because lockdowns have cratered the main street economy?
Never assume.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: Will CCP virus affect your club?

Postby teul2 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:47 pm

If I had to guess, no. But I don't have a club.
80% of the people I interact with are over it. The others, my wife included, are of the mindset that they are doing it for someone else's benefit. The only people in our church wearing masks Sunday were my family (me cause it's easier than hearing her mad) and be priest. Wearing a mask to walk 15 yards across a restaurant just to take it off there is among the most absurd things I've done in my adult life. The only place I've been in the last 6 months that I felt it could possibly be a good idea was this weekend in the Memphis Zoo, cause, well, it's Memphis.

All that to say I am over it, and I think most people realize that the extremely low odds of catching it, coupled with the extremely low odds of death, do not warrant the constant over reaction people are still having.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
arduckslayer
Duck South Addict

Re: Will CCP virus affect your club?

Postby arduckslayer » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:57 pm

We haven’t lost any members over it. We’re taking a few extra safety precautions than normal and just asking everybody to be smart and about it and be conscientious of the others that hunt there. Meaning if you’re sick, don’t come hunt.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”