Honda Pioneer

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

Re: Honda Pioneer

Postby mallardchaser » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:06 pm

I’ll 2nd the mule pro fxt. Mines a ‘19 with about 800 miles. It’s a great riding machine. I’ve used the winch twice in 2 years and had no problems with the engine cutting off. I use it for sporting clays twice a week and actually use the winch each trip rather than straps. My buddy just got a new gator with AC and all the goodies. It’s a bad booty machine too. His other one is 10 years old and still going after heavy use.
cupnglide
Veteran

Postby cupnglide » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:57 pm

I hunt with gulfcoast, and bought a 2014 Honda 700 based on experiences with his 700. Both are still going strong. The enclosed transmission avoids belt slippage of other brands. I haven’t noticed any lack of power issues. We pile em up with gear. Depending on the blind, we can have between 1 and 7 miles to a blind (gravel road and field edge).

With driver only, it will do 48mph steady, and bump 50 (with the seatbelt latched *pro tip. Otherwise the governor won’t let you do over 40). With two people, dog, and a bed of gear, expect 38-43mph depending on weight.

I need to sell mine (laid off). If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.
Never assume.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:45 am

Gary,
you got laid off again? Dang it man!!
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
cupnglide
Veteran

Postby cupnglide » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:12 pm

Nah, still laid off from the first time :D . It’s life, man. Right about the time I was ready to start looking for something new, C-19 hit. CEOs know they can dump their IT spending and IT budgets short term. That saves them tons of cash for a few quarters.

Downside is that the bill ultimately comes due. Software gets out of cycle. Hardware breaks or can’t keep up with business demands.

Anyway, I’m steady interviewing (finally). Several decent prospects. Fingers are crossed. I’d hate to be an unemployed duck hunter with a 60 day season to kill.
Never assume.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:11 am

"Downside is that the bill ultimately comes due. Software gets out of cycle. Hardware breaks or can’t keep up with business demands. "

PREACH!!!!!!
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
cupnglide
Veteran

Postby cupnglide » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:55 pm

Joel, it wouldn’t do for us two to sit around the fire pit with some fire water and bitxh about IT. Haha
Never assume.
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:07 pm

IT is without a doubt the most important asset to today’s companies. Especially if they can converse outside of pc lingo and more importantly can get what u need done! I’m on several “committees” that work with IT. I know the importance of it.

I hate it for ya. Hopefully something will come up and open a door that you’ve been wanting.

Rode a fxt today after a short ordeal with a chain, irrigation runoff, and my trucks inability to build up the needed speed to clear the obstacle in the few seconds (traction control was great!) before I had the “oh chit” moment slapped me in my face. Anyway, thing rode really good. Handled everything I could throw at it!
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:39 am

5,600 miles on my FXT and the only gripe I’ve got is torn CV boots. It is probably my fault though. I didn’t like the low ground clearance of them at first so I bought my first lift kit. 4” doesn’t seem like a lot, but in the UTV lift world it was more than I needed and even with stick stoppers I tear boots a lot. A 2” lift is plenty and I probably won’t even lift my next one. They are work horses. My dad is on his second with over 5000 on it.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”