Stimulus

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Stimulus

Postby jacksbuddy » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:22 am

Ok. Have any of you gotten your COVID-19 stimulus money yet? Or is it just the illegal aliens getting them?
Nobody owes you anything.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Re: Stimulus

Postby Seymore » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:35 am

Nope. Not only no but the durn IRS system doesn't even show us.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Not sure how $1200 one time is helping but ever bit counts. I ve seen lotta people are reguesting layoffs to get $235 unemployment plus the $600 bonus till July. Making more by staying home. More power to them. Walmart had no hog meat, dishwash liguid, margarine yesterday. I missed getting blown away by mile and a half Sunday. Can’t do much fishing cuz state lakes are closed. Planted lil garden, turn 71 Tuesday, getting SS but no stock dividends....wut gonna happen next? Hurricane?
Did lil figuring. Divide $2.2 trillion by 327 million peps and you get $6727 per person. Double that and add couple of kids and get a real stimulus $26908. Oh well....
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:47 pm

Wait till people figure out they DO NOT have to wait to be laid off they can QUIT!!!!! They still get the 3200$ a month unemployment all they have to put is they quit due to covid 19 is all. Can’t believe that little news hasn’t spread like wildfire!! Democrats snuck that in as their way to increase the minimum wage. They also knew the SBA loan money would t be enough so they are now waiting to add more perks to the next round to find small businesses that didn’t get the money. Since I work in medical field I am not opposed to the extra 25k they wanna give me!!!! :mrgreen:
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:07 pm

i got my Trump virus check. Luckily im still working so i socked mine back for taxes and duck season.

I dont know about other parts of the state but folks up here at the top of the state woke up Saturday morning and said Frack It..........self quarantine/ social distancing be damn. We are done!!!!

Everybody in the world was out and about hitting Walmart, Lowes,Home Depot, etc. Its like someone left the pasture gate open or Christmas shopping season.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:33 am

71!!

Congratulations!!
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:12 pm

I got so stimulated that I bought a new gun, Palmetto State Armory is the debil. :D
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:36 am

booger,
I have been marinating on the same thing. Thinking about building a 300ACC pistol.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:26 am

Do it. Guarantee you that one will shoot a radio antenna in half.

Hahaha
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:49 pm

teul2 - I built a .300 in both pistol and rifle form. I'm no ballistics expert but the real fun in .300 is with subsonic and a suppressor. The pistol is a fun option, and hard to believe the brace is legal. I guess it's a bigger .30 cal hammer in other loads. For simple downrange banging you could build an AR in 7.62 x 39 and shoot cheap. I also have one of those, which has been used and abused with nary a hiccup.

I haven't built a .308 but I'm sure the madness will progress into phase III soon enough. :lol:

From Palmetto I jumped on a law enforcement trade in S&W M&P in .40 caliber, with thumb safety and night sights for $249. I had a lot of .40 caliber ammo but nothing to shoot it in, so it made perfect sense to buy a pistol and get shooting. :D
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:35 am

You are right Booger, the 300 is all about the suppressor (which is in jail right now). And in the pistol config my son with the sensitive ears could handle the size and sound.

But your 40cal note makes me think about my decision to consolidate. I'd been leery of adding yet another caliber to the safe out of my usual impulse purchases. As a result, I am consolidating on 9mm in hand guns. I converted my Glock 22 from 40 to 9mm with an extended threaded barrel. Thinking about doing the same for my 27. And Wildfowler's suppressed 9mm SBR AR is stupid fun (just ask his truck's radio antenna). Had been thinking of changing out my main deer rifle for 308 from 30-06 simply because of the ability to suppress. There are way more applications for the 308 than the 300acc, more ammo availability, and you can get really quiet with the 308 subs.

Bottom line, I don't know what to do with my hands! I'll probably mull it over for weeks on end until I find a deal I can't pass up one one of them and let that be the deciding factor.
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:06 pm

I guess I’ve always been on a caliber consolidation bandwagon. I like having pistol caliber carbine AR rifles.

I have two 9mm AR silenced SBR’s and one 16” rifle in 45 auto. We discovered that an ar-45 doesn’t suppress nearly as well as a 9mm does. Or at least when that silencer co osprey first came out it still seemed kind of loud.

Have a 300 blackout sbr silenced AR-15 and a 16” Remington model 7.

That model 7 is my summer time daylight riding around varmint gun. I’ve done lots of trial and error tweaking to the stock bedding of that light weight barrel and can shoot flies at 100 yards with it on a warm barrel. Cold bore shots are about 3/4” but it settles in nicely on a good rest after a few shots. The blackout is definitely large enough for deer and hogs but it really requires better than average shot placement in my opinion for regular use.

But heck. That 9mm AR will kill the feces out a large hog at 50 yards.

But for night time I want to most firepower I can have and think the 308 is the way to go.

I leave the subsonic work to the 9mm and only shoot supers in my blackout and 308.

Guns are good.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:36 am

We haven't received a dime and I haven't been able to find us in the system. I am still working and my wife is still working also. She works two jobs, one as an instructor at UMC and the other doing home health. Her home health visits have essentially falling to nothing which hurts in the family budget greatly.
Peewee
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed May 27, 2020 7:59 am

Ok. We got ours. Unfortunately, the wife found out before I did and we have gotten some "family stuff", which means she went shopping.
Nobody owes you anything.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:28 am

HAHA! Sorry about that Jacksbuddy.
Same happened here last night. Check came (which i completely didn't expect) and the wife got it first.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”