What the hell?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

What the hell?

Postby Wildfowler » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:37 pm

Is everyone busy sheltering in place?

The whole world is coming to an end and no one wants to talk about anything?

What about turkey season? I’m scared to go turkey hunting and don’t know a thing about it but have been seeing lots of dead gobblers this year. Including pics of dreadlock wearing hunter named Tyric who seems to be quite the sportsman....

I went to Lowe’s in Madison yesterday afternoon around 230 pm and had a hard time finding a place where I could pull through and park with a trailer in tow. I thought we were in a crisis right now and that retail establishment was packed.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: What the hell?

Postby teul2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:45 pm

You musta renewed you Facebook account cause i know the Tyric picture of which you speak.

Don't be afraid of turkey hunting. Just go, listen, try and call, and feel it out. Hardest part of turkey hunting is knowing what to say and when, much like duck hunting. Only thing i'd be afraid of is getting addicted to it. Cause the first time you hear a gobble at 20 yards, you are going to sport a woodie for a minute.

We may be in a crisis, but the 3 things I have noticed that have little to no slow down is all the extra jackwagons with free time in the woods turkey hunting, construction/home improvement sales, and gun / ammo sales.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:04 pm

I go home, work for a few days/catch up on school work that I haven’t seen in years, and leave! My lab loves it, my bulldog doesn’t, daughter is muh, and wife well. I’ve been around her enough that I can’t say I like her or not lol.

I didn’t realize how smart/dumb my daughter was until lately. I feel like I owe a lot of teachers a steak dinner right now.

Whiskey, hot charcoal, and isolation has been my reprieve. Oh, and a jig pole!

Turkey hunting this yr has been crazy. I’ve never seen so many ppl chasing them. Hopefully the end of this week they break loose and do right. I’ve hunted a lot, and have seen a lot, but not one dang long beard. But as tuel2 said, when one sounds off inside 20 yards, you’ll be corrupted for life! I’ll even take one for the team and show you what not to do if need be.

But for the end of the world thing, I’ve found small towns that have a few decent ppl still have goods. LIQOUR stores have stayed stocked and that’s good. I haven’t done without and still have my meds and breads so I’m expecting the world to turn around. I’ve found that my contact list has shrank and besides work, I don’t talk to many folks I once did.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:09 pm

Fat fingers
Last edited by Wildfowler on Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:14 pm

Oh I’m definitely not going to go turkey hunting for the very reasons y’all mentioned above.

I just don’t need another all-consuming hobby like that in my life.

But all that could change of course if I hear one gobbling on my new property. I’ve literally seen them in an ag field north of my property separated only by a continuous block of woods.

Hahah

No, I’m still not on that communist website. But I’ve seen pictures that get sent to me by others who obviously are. Haha

When this crap blows over assuming we’re not all dead, I will hold post a porch party. In my case it will be shop party, since SB let us down.

I’ve still got to get completely moved in first and most importantly I need to get some effing gravel installed because the mud pit I’m having to endure is unbelievable.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:06 am

Haven't been that way in a minute, but last time i did the progress looked really nice on the house Andy. I take it yall are moving in now?
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:12 pm

I’m still straggling through the last of my crap trying to get it moved over, but yes we have been living there for about 10 or 12 nights now.

I discovered that one friend and two beers for fortification was all it took to load my gun safe onto my utility trailer.

I already bought a new one for inside the house But was pleased that we were able to move this one and it will be relocated to my shop.

As long as my trailer doesn’t crunch and a half going down the interstate I guess I’ll be in business.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:51 am

HA, good luck.
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:42 am

since SB let us down....

True so far but maybe one day I’ll make it right.

I jacked up my left knee a week ago on that back porch. Not sure if it is cursed or not? It made me want to curse though. Ugh.
Scott Baker
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:38 am

Someone has to keep reminding you.

I’m sorry to hear about that knee. I thought I popped meniscus in mine two years ago. MRI revealed no damage and I self-imposed hooping around on crutches for about 10 days.

My knee hurts when I think about it. I did it while kneeling down trying to get boards out of a pipe and when I went to get up I heard and felt it pop. I’m honestly very lucky I even had someone with me because I was not able to get back up on my feet considering where I was located.

The days of my youth when I could hop off the back of the tailgate are long gone. I can gently step down now.

Just turned 49 last month.
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:45 am

I'm right there with you, Andy! Turn 50 next month and I find myself "thinking through" situations, first...most of the trepidation is over how bad I'll hurt tomorrow and the next (?) days...is the effort worth the amount of pain it generates! got one of those knees, too...had it looked at by ortho who said it was just fluid under the kneecap and shot it with cortisone, but it's still jacked up a year later.

I've heard it and will repeat it...getting old sux!
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:54 am

I work with a 72 yr old man. He’s crazy as all get out and gets me in just about as much trouble as I do myself. Anyway he took a 10 foot fall off a ladder a few days ago. Told me to stay young you have to keep doing stupid stuff like that to keep flexible.

So in my 30’s I took his advice and decided to Superman my way across a creek bottom in search of that crazy gobbling bird on the other ridge. The sprint went well, however when I planted my right leg to leap, the bank gave way. This in turn allowed me to miss my destination by at least a body length. The other bank had no give, at all. May have been concrete, I’m still not sure! That jump took forever and seemed to be in slow motion.

Moral? There ain’t one and being stupid hurts bad! I’ll be honest, it was a stretch but I was sure I could make it. Guessing the extra poundage the last few months caught up with me. Anyway, y’all keep thinking before doing and double check your surroundings before you go willy nilly and decide to challenge physics.

Did Call him up to 10 yards and 7 other hunters into 100. Fun day. Scariest thing I’ve ever sat through, as I sure wasn’t going to try and jump and shoot.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:54 pm

Dam

I heard today that John Prine died of coronavirus.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:58 am

First corn eater of the season.

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:38 pm

Is anyone scheduled to take delivery of some oil from today?

I saw -$40.06 per barrel of oil across the tape today. Unbelievable.

Wish I could easily store a few thousand barrels and have them pay me to do it.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”