What the hell?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Goose
Veteran

Re: What the hell?

Postby Goose » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:52 pm

So what exactly does negative oil prices mean?

I know it can't be good for we the consumer, but I don't understand what it does mean.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:34 am

I would assume it means it finally cost more to ship it etc than what the bottom line of profit would be. Like having a gallon of milk it costs you 1$ to make yet 2$ to get to market. You lose money. I bet you will see an increase in atvs, guns, trucks, boats, etc in the months coming. Oil industry is a ways from coming back. Covid relief may last a month or so if that then will ramp up 10 fold especially this fall.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:59 am

They said yesterday‘s move was kind of like a short squeeze because the May oil contracts expired yesterday and no one could take delivery so they literally had to pay out of their purchase contracts. (I’m sure that sucked for a lot of people)

I have no idea how it would’ve worked if you were someone not otherwise in the market who wanted to buy one of those contracts yesterday. I think they are written in increments of 1000 barrels at a time?

But if this persists I guess at some point the gasoline pumps will have to operate like ATM machines dispensing cash back to customers for the privilege of storing fuel in our tanks since they would have nowhere else to store it?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon May 04, 2020 12:00 pm

What a thread!

Folks are sheltering at Lowe's,
Turkey hunting in crowds,
Doing stupid stuff that hurts their body, and
Looking for cheap gas.

This COVID's got everybody flustered!

And I ain't immune neither, dammit! So far, I have -

mowed the yard within an inch of it's life,
refinished a desk for Daddy's little angel,
put together a swing set for Daddy's little angel,
fixed a fence,
become a fantastic school teacher/administrator for Daddy's little angel,
planted a garden from seeds left over by the In-Laws (God only knows what those seeds were),
cleaned and organized a shed, the attic, and the garage - - - twice,
read a lot,
changed up a couple of rooms in the house,
stopped being surprised to find Amazon boxes at the house because the wife is buying up the world, and
a few other odd things/stuff/activities/etc. that are too unbelievable to mention on this here iterweb thingy.

Y'all have a nice day.
Nobody owes you anything.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Mon May 04, 2020 4:22 pm

Brother i am right there with you!!
Wife has supervised or forced me to labor a multitude of crap such as:
Take down old headboard and bed.Put crap in the attic
Pulled old headboard, bed, and other crap from the attic.
Painted hallway, staircase, bedroom...........and i hate to paint!
Plant, replant, replace flowers, shrubs, trees, garden.
Then put up fence around square foot garden to keep little $#!+ eating dogs from digging up plants.
Replant garden, kick little $#!+ eating dogs in the ass!
Mark off back yard with flags to locate new trees, shrubs , and mulch that im gonna plant (with her supervision )
Mark off new concrete patio area.
Mark off new french drain where she will supervise the contractors work (contractor be ME!)
She has got to go back to work or im gonna have to sell a kidney, or truck, or child, or 2 $#!+ eating dogs.
Anybody what to buy 2 $#!+ eating dogs?????
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Mon May 04, 2020 6:08 pm

Careful about the chiteaters. Years ago my daughter was shacking with a highway patrolman and they got into it over her dog. The dog stayed the trooper got the boot! Rule 1 keep Moma happy...
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Mon May 04, 2020 8:20 pm

The irony. My lab decided to go through my back door today! He was so excited that he finally didn’t need us to open the door for him! Needless to say mama is not happy with him at the moment.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed May 06, 2020 8:04 am

I observed this group of hogs were not practicing social distancing so I showed them the error of their ways the other night.

I know we don’t want an outbreak of the swine flu again.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu May 07, 2020 8:08 am

Andy your on the run rifle shots still never fail to impress.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Thu May 07, 2020 12:22 pm

My wife, 4 daughters, and 1 granddaughter have all been here at the house since Spring break. My son in law is an engineer and surveyor and I've come close to asking him to let me go on surveying jobs just to get out of this estrogen pool. I've been living by the old proverb "a rolling stone gathers no moss." If I sit in one place long enough they will find me crap to do.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Fri May 08, 2020 12:26 pm

Seymore, i will sneak off from time to time to avoid the " hey could you _________"
When i resurface they ask where i was hiding and what was i doing?
Standard reply is Man stuff. :D
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sun May 24, 2020 2:53 pm

I’ve got nine racks of ribs I’m going to be cooking tomorrow. What’s the rest of the gang got going on this weekend?
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:45 am

Andy,
We spent some time at camp, cooking, fishing, making s'mores with the kid, and the like. It was a damn fine weekend.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed May 27, 2020 8:40 am

I did that too. And it was fun.

I just got a rain on some corn I got in the ground last week so things are looking up.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:17 pm

Hey I was just browsing another topic that popped up here earlier today and I noticed the statistics at the bottom of the page said there were seven other humans in one bot besides me here right now. Sound off if you got a pair?

And on this page it says there’s 11 other human beings here.

What about all the rioting and looting in the streets? Glad they don’t do that sheet around here?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”