QuietKat

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Goose
Veteran

QuietKat

Postby Goose » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:02 am

I have been looking at the various electric bikes for some time now, and yesterday I was in Bass Pro and they had several different models of QuietKats on display. They seem like a great tool for turkey hunting and bow hunting. Have any of y'all had any firsthand experience with these bikes?
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Re: QuietKat

Postby deltadukman » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:51 am

Not specifically a quite cat, but my uncle has something like it for beach cruising in Seaside area. Said he bought it from a place in Forest or somewhere over there. Its a bike you can pedal, get some battery assist, or go full on battery mode where its like a motorcycle. Said he can get 30 miles or so out of it. I want one bad for turkey hunting.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:54 am

would love to have something like that too and have been seeing the "Rambo" bikes around here lately. Look cool and could be very useful.
But I am fat, and rather than get fatter, I have been thinking about a good ole fat tire regular bicycle. But I don't need one enough to justify it right now. Oh, and I am cheap too so that helps.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Goose
Veteran

Postby Goose » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:02 pm

Yeah, Deltaduckman, I think these are the same way, as far as you can pedal it and/or use the battery power. They advertise speeds over 20 mph, and something like 30 miles on a full charge. There are a bunch of different brands and models, and most aren't geared towards the hunting industry, but they are all quite pricey. The ones geared towards hunting have cool accessories that we would need, such as, a light, fenders, racks, panniers, a trailer to haul a deer out on, etc.

Everybody that I have talked to that has used one says that you are going to bust your as$# at least one time.

Sounds like fun!
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:37 pm

hey teul, gravel bikes have the super-fat tires..don't know if it would be more work than it's worth in the woods, though. I'm sure there's a diminishing return in there somewhere, having to pedal fatties over soft ground.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:57 pm

Can’t use them on public. Sucks

But I peddle a fat tire. They help travel long 2 tracks but off the trail or path and they can be worrisome. I like mine and use it but don’t go through the woods as much as getting me to my access. I’m fat so a regular tire bike cuts the mud bad. Fat tire has more displacement and keeps me going.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:08 pm

Just ride a regular mountain bike. You can pick up a decent one for 1k and get a couple good years of riding out of it before anything needs replacing. Major benefits - it's a quarter of the price of those stupid Rambo bikes, and you'll get in better shape and maybe live long enough to see your great-grandkids.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:50 pm

Pusses...................everyone of ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Yall sound like Gaytor bellyachin about some canker sore on his twat!!
Will i get black listed for that?? Pusses is technically NOT a curse word. :D
Actually a nice fat tire is a good idea, think i will go drink one. That's all.
Just trying to liven the place up before this place goes to sleep.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:07 pm

HAHAAHAAHA!
He said Gaytor.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:42 pm

Back to the topic at hand......... wish i would have had a peddle vehicle back when i was bow hunting at the fuge out from Starkvegas. It would have been handy on those hard packed road except when going uphill.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:41 pm

Honestly I can see one of these in my future. The option of sneaking into a stand or field without detection is a game changer. The benefits of an electric bike vs. a regular mtn bike or cyclocross is you wont sweat as much. Most days in Dec. you would still be facing temps in the upper 60s.
Peewee
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:52 pm

What do you do if you kill a deer? Ride this electric bike back to go get some other vehicle to come back and retrieve it?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:48 pm

Depends. U can attach a trailer behind it and pull it out. Drive back and walk back & drag it out. Get an atv and get it out. Or my favorite, don’t shoot, and no worry lol.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it

Return to “General Discussion Forum”