Banded waders

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Banded waders

Postby Seymore » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:54 pm

Which model of Banded waders is the one everybody is complaining of leaks. I have a pair of Banded I bought last year and haven't even worn yet. Wondering if I should call company and see if I can exchange them given all the problems or just accept they will leak sooner than later. They are the breathable black label model.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
donia
Duck South Addict

Re: Banded waders

Postby donia » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:21 am

the pair i had that leaked were the original red zones...boot tops and crotch leaks.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:24 pm

I actually repaired a leak in the knee in one of my red zones this year.

I carefully cut through the insulation to reveal the inner lining. Found the hole and smeared a bunch of shoe goo over the top and covered with a piece of gorilla tape.

I was surprised, but this actually worked all season.

Even if those waders leak they are great because they’ll still keep your ass dry if it’s raining.

Waders, unfortunately need to be purchased two at a time and should be considered disposable. I hate it too, but made that realization a long time ago.

And have been much happier since. Reduced my Grouchiness too. Well.... maybe.

Edit: My problem with those waders is more self-induced than anything else. I find myself getting in and out of the boat, ATV etc. by kneeling onto the seat. I develop a slow damp spot in my knees over the course of the season.

I’m sure just the tiniest twig kneeling down on it is all it would take to pop a hole in the lining and I probably would not of even felt it happen.

I’m sold on that style of wader though. They’re great!
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:15 pm

The crew that I hunt with has every model of Banded wader they make and they have all leaked. They’ve swapped em out under warranty and almost all the replacements have leaked. Some models may be worse than others but they’ve had problems across the board.
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
Odis
Veteran

Postby Odis » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:37 pm

Bought a pair 3 years ago, after the second hunt, thought things were damp, third hunt, definitely a leak, 2-3 not hunts never over my knees, no problem, 2nd year, definite leak, didn’t hunt much till end of season, these things are awesome cause you can really move in them! But damn they’re wet, this yeat bought a $100 pair from Rogers on sale, threw the banded in the burn pile, never been so cold when it wax on 40 degrees, they got a long way to go!
OBoykin
Regular

Postby OBoykin » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:13 pm

Both Banded waders I've had leaked. Terrific waders and far as comfort, warmth and mobility. What works is ReviveX Durable Water Repellent Spray available from Cabelas or Macks. Great stuff. Just spray it on and let it dry.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”