Effing rain

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Effing rain

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:40 pm

I haven’t got much to say about it but holy crap the water is getting deep...... Again.

I hope this is not a new normal for us?

Does anyone have a forecast page that show where the yazoo River is expected to crest after the last of the rain on Thursday?

Thanks
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Re: Effing rain

Postby hillhunter » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:37 pm

It’s bad here in east MS too. All the bottoms are out. The core lakes are gonna rise big after the next couple of weeks.
work hard, play hard
marionfd708
Veteran

Postby marionfd708 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:05 pm

Moisture has met without question!! I need it to stop long enough for my shop to get finished so I can start working on my boat and other things!
Stay dry!
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:33 am

Oktibbeha County Lake dam is back to being an issue...earlier in the summer they had it drained to fix the dam levee...it rained and filled it back up...they drained it down, it rained and filled it back up....closed the dam road and drained it down 8ft and it rained and filled it back up, again.

we're outside of the affected zone, but there are a lot of people that are! some 200 plus homes.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:33 am

This stuff hurts my business. Hard to do plumbing and hvac work outside when its raining or every things totally saturated. Hurt my dang duck season too. So much backwater, just too much real estate for them to spread out. Maybe it’ll quit raining next week. OH AND WEATHER MEN/WOMEN SUCK!
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:00 am

^^^^Tell us how you really feel. ^^^

I'm just glad I don't still own that last house I had in Clinton. With all this water, that place has probably washed completely away by now.
Nobody owes you anything.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:55 pm

I believe it has become the new normal. I do see where Bennie Thompson needs to get re-elected and has started pushing for the backwater pumps to be put in. It's looking like the south delta is about to take it on the chin again.
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:42 pm

I Work the south delta!

Last year was bad in the area. It’s going to absolutely suck if it’s a repeat!

Bennie politicing for his renewal. Nothing new there. A huge lawsuit is in place concerning those affected by Steele bayou structure. I’m sure that’s prompted his new approach.

And yes it’d be nice if it stopped. Job #2 has taken a slam due to the conditions. Odd enough both jobs are affected by rain. Should have thought about that lol!
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it

Return to “General Discussion Forum”