Governor Appointees

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: Governor Appointees

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:17 pm

Really? Some biologist quit because the game and fish started allowing deer baiting?

I knew people there were people that worked for the game and fish didn’t like baiting but quitting your job seems rather extreme to me.

Luckily we all have free will, and if you don’t like hunting over bait then just don’t hunt over bait.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:24 pm

What the hell was this?

I was just trying to edit my post for grammar and got this message.

25726F27-3F76-4E7E-9246-9C447738218A.jpeg
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:08 pm

deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:52 am

I think the biologists quit because the commission was cramming the baiting down their throats and going against their judgement and research. I think JLT nailed it as far as who should be on the board. A guy shouldn't be on a board because he owns a magazine, lives in Cleveland and is a member at Donaldson Point. But, that's not far from the commissions private camp at the old river side state park in Rosedale. I vividly remember when they were doing the 5 oclock start time stuff and one of the commissioners was wild eyed and laughing at people who were getting up at 2-3am to hunt and he said "why on earth would anyone do that?" Pretty much tells me that guy has no clue on public land duck hunting. Supposedly the Commission is just a formality between the legislature and the biologist and Game and Fish enforcement from what I have been told, but there was one commissioner who was very pushy on the baiting issue.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”