Which governor candidate will be the best for Mississippi’s natural resources?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Re: Which governor candidate will be the best for Mississippi’s natural resources?

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:18 am

Nobody owes you anything.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: Which governor candidate will be the best for Mississippi’s natural resources?

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:39 am

Can anyone explain the high level overview of how the current Medicaid program works in MS?

If hospitals currently accept it from those people and can stay afloat. What’s another “rung” of participation going to do? (Make them less profitable)

Is there something significantly different about the waller plan from what is currently being accepted from that group?

Thanks.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:07 pm

deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:14 pm

I think Justice Waller is a good man, and I am a Waller fan. I may eat my words later, but he is no Tater(see what I did there)? I do think Waller is a horrible debater and lets emotions get to him rather than convey his thoughts clearly. I think he needs to be more proactive in explaining his plans and thoughts. One takeaway from last nights "debate", if you can call it that, is Tate's scare tactic of the gas tax. Tate says that Mississippians can expect a $500 increase at the pumps for the $.03 gas tax. Lets break that down. $500/$.03 is 16,666.66 gallons of gas. Lets imagine an average of 15mpg in vehicles. 16,666.66x15mpg is 250,000 miles per year(average). I think that's a little far fetched.

While you may not like Waller's plan, I don't see Tate doing anything but shouting how he has slashed taxes. Our states infrastructure SUCKS in comparison to other states. Our teacher get paid peanuts, all while we have multiple superintendents in every county, including rural ones. Our State ED Superintendent is the highest paid in the nation. Tate has been in control of the Senate for 8 years, does anyone know anything proactive he has done?

I do find it quite ironic that Chris McDaniel who has fought the establishment his whole career is now on board with Tate, Hailey Barbour, and Phil Bryant, the same people he talked against his whole existence. Remember the Kemper Coal Plant fiasco, or the Beef Plant? The guy spying on Cochran's wife? These are the people now in bed with Tate. I can tell you no one in this world is perfect, but I'm for giving someone a chance to mess up publicly, than continue on the same path with the same results. Barbour and McDaniel are against federal dollars going to state education. I'm sorry, but Mississippi would cease to exist without federal dollars. I don't like it, but it is what it is. Also, we have a lot of constituents who pay little or no taxes in this state. A non proportional amount versus the ones that do pay. Sadly, we are having to pick up the tab for them. I would love to say **** it, but I don't think we can.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:35 pm

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:45 pm

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:44 pm

I just hope it’s not one day to become some sort of gateway to the government being able to withhold funding if we don’t comply with some future liberal law?
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Postby NyssaAquatica » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:57 pm

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:17 pm

I recall not so fondly, the federal government threatening to withhold federal highway funding if Mississippi did not change the beer purchasing age requirements from 18 to 21.

I remember this because it happened just before I turned 18 so I was never able to legally purchase beer at age 18.

Anyway, I just remembered that from my youth and would hate to see us become dependent on something which might leave us no choice but to cave-in to the wishes of others Who may have different opinions than we do.

But don’t worry, my miss spent youth was still very fine!!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”