A Kind Word...

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

A Kind Word...

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:08 am

...never goes unheard. It just too often goes unsaid. And with the bad news about happenings at Wal-Marts of late, I don't want to miss such a good opportunity.

Yesterday, I spent the morning being absent-minded. H3!!, I'd have lost my head if it wasn't securely attached to my shoulders. Seriously. I had a bad case of the stupids. (as if that is unusual, but that's another story.)

Anyway, I went to Wal-Mart in Madison, MS to get a few things, and placed my cell phone in the cart while waiting under the eaves for the rain to stop. When it did, I pushed the cart to my car and unloaded it into the trunk before the rains started again. I had just finished unloading the car at home when the bottom fell out and the rains came back - with a vengeance. That is also about the time I realized that I did not have my cell phone. After searching the house, I was left with no other option than to see if it was at Wal-Mart.

Did I mention that it was raining cats and dogs? Just checking.

When I get to the store, which is about to flood at this point, I find the high school kids who were sent out to gather the carts. I ask them if they had seen it, and one of them said, "Is it grey? I took it over to Customer Service. It is locked up for safe keeping for you." When I get to Customer Service, I asked the person in the yellow vest where lost and found is, and she was about to tell me to get in line; But, when she saw the line, she said, "Let me check."

Sure enough, there was my phone, dry as a bone and with 8 missed calls from my beloved bride, made during the search process.

Not only did these alert employees find my phone. but they also got it before it got wet, made sure that it was kept safe and secure, and were professional enough to make sure that it got to the right person and not just some dude that wanted a new phone.

If I'd had any cash, I would have given each of them a big tip. But as I didn't, I made d@mn sure that the bosses on duty knew who they were and what a good job they did. What they did required them to take initiative, think, and follow through. You know, be alert and use common sense. And we all know far too well that those are two attributes sorely lacking nowadays.
Nobody owes you anything.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: A Kind Word...

Postby teul2 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:59 am

Good stuff
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:32 pm

I’d go back with a couple of 20s and figure out who that kid was and give him a nice tip.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:08 pm

The owner if our company has his managers send thank you notes to business that have employees that do a good job. So, obviously its two fold. Get the company name out there and reward someone for a job well done. I have my employees help me with this project by letting me know of places they go and folks they encounter that went above and beyond. You’d be surprised how often i get a follow up text, phone call or email from proud managers. Its good stuff, glad the boss man gave me this task.
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:23 am

Oh, not only did I publicly praise them in front of the Manager, but I also let the company know as well. I don't typically like going to Wal-Mart. But this did renew my faith in that company.
Nobody owes you anything.
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

Postby mallardchaser » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:14 pm

I make it a point to always let the “bosses” know of an excellent employee. 99% of the time, they are receiving complaints not praises.
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

Postby mallardchaser » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:16 pm

I also don’t just call the manager; I try my best to go to the top guy. The employees will get a lot more recognition that way.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:10 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin

Return to “General Discussion Forum”