MS Wildlife Extravaganza Boycott

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
DanP
Duck South Addict

MS Wildlife Extravaganza Boycott

Postby DanP » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:22 pm

Just curious if anybody had plans or thoughts on the planned Ganza boycott given the MS Wildlife Federation’s choice of politics over biology in opposing the backwater pump project. Personally I think it’s been the same old suck fest for the past couple decades and this is just icing on the cake to give them the middle finger.
donia
Duck South Addict

Re: MS Wildlife Extravaganza Boycott

Postby donia » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:26 am

never been to the extravaganza and the opposition to the pumps doesn't give me any desire to start, now.

nah, we don't need those pumps***(sarcastrics)
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:43 pm

THE ONLY reason I have gone to the ganza in the last few years is to do something different as a father / son outing. Maybe to socialize some too. I don't think I have bought anything in there in years outside a hotdog or some dip mix (you know the table). I mean we all need the aluminum braising rod guy to show us again how to weld up holes with a stick and torch, right?
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:56 pm

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
sondance
Veteran

Postby sondance » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:19 pm

I haven't been to that in years. Too much sugar for a dime. Too crowded, too cluttered and too far into Jackson.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:35 pm

It’s surprising how many people don’t know what’s going on in the south delta. And I’m talking from as far south as Leland/Indianola/Greenwood. For a ton of people, it doesn’t matter. There’s not a lot of economy down there. The wildlife hasn’t even raised that much concern. I’ll tell u it’s an eye opening experience. And no I don’t agree how it was handled. I don’t leave home without a gun anymore, seen too much suffering. But it’s happened/happening and still not getting much attention. Population in that vast area and voters have a lot to do with it.

As far as boycotting. Not going but don’t ever. Wife taken kid on trip so I’ll be endulging in some brown water with a side of beef.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:22 am

"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Never been. Don't plan on changing that now. I sure wish someone in the capital city would issue a permit for ms Darden and her friends to sit out front and share their message though. Back in 08 I didn't know enough of the players to have much of an opinion. These days...I'll just say there's something rotten in Denmark and leave it at that. I miss the old ms ducks. 10-15 yrs ago this would have been a 10 page discussion by now.
deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:09 pm

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
DanP
Duck South Addict

Postby DanP » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:01 am

teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:07 am

stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:33 am

deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:06 pm

Small Town Hunting crew, Preston Pittman and Longleaf Camo pulled out earlier today. Biggest shock it MDWFP pulled out as well. You wont hear me saying it often, but Kudos to MDWFP for stepping up. I guess with a lot of their hardwood timber sitting in water for 6+ months, a lot recently purchased, they now have a bigger state in this game.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:55 pm

Had a discussion with a biologist friend discuss what he has seen down there recently.
His most telling comment was that the natal oak that makes up the majority of the wrp restoration in south delta isn't looking good....
All the wrp bottom land hardwood restoration put in since 1991 would be one heck of a loss ............in both wildlife restoration potential and government $$$$.
We spent a few hundred $/acre on WRP and CRP tree planting......I can't remember how many acres we are up to now (probably over 50,000-100,000 acres in Sharkey and Issaquena ).
Lots of money.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:00 pm

It appears that Ms Wildlife Federation just messed in their nest..................being that its their biggest money maker it may be their demise.
People have long memories and don't forget like when DU came out against the farmer years ago......
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot

Return to “General Discussion Forum”