I'm tired of bad weather and rain on the weekend

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
sondance
Veteran

I'm tired of bad weather and rain on the weekend

Postby sondance » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:35 pm

Is it me or does weather seem to turn to crap every weekend? The only good thing was I had a Dr from CA with me a few weeks ago and took him to Monroe, LA for a meeting. We were driving back and it got bad. Black sky, big loud lightening strikes, Hell, it was already flooded anyway. I started talking junk about tornados coming and you would have thought he was about to drop a load or go blind. It was pretty entertaining to be honest. They maybe get 2-3 inches of rain a year and we got it in about 3 hrs.

On a positive note, the old boy forgot to pack his suit pants. We went to Dillards at Pecan Land Mall bought a pair of pants and went to Jose's to get them hemmed. The whole process from pulling in the mall parking lot to pulling out of Jose's took less than 45 minutes. He said there was no way you'd get service like that in LA. They would have to finish their Kahle sandwhich first. Got a chance to turn him on to some crawfish as well. He actually wants to come back when it ain't raining now.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: I'm tired of bad weather and rain on the weekend

Postby teul2 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:50 am

Been thinking the same thing. It's like the weekend is pretty much exclusively crap weather the last month and a half. It's killin me.
After church and Easter lunch yesterday I was able to get in the woods and clear a road off I have been putting off all deer season. So now I can get to the pond with the SxS to take the kid fishing.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Re: I'm tired of bad weather and rain on the weekend

Postby DoublePslayer » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:46 am

Ain't that the truth. I had to take of during the week about a month ago to get my pasture sprayed. Still need to get another load put out, but it's too late to kill a big thistle now. Guess i'll have to put the shovel on them, and just spray the small ones.
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman

Return to “General Discussion Forum”