Page 1 of 1

I’m curious what the interest level is

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:07 am
by Wildfowler
4015E62B-D069-402E-A0DC-C772689BAA80.jpeg


Looks like we might not be the last state to go down this road based on this endorsement? Haha

I think it needs to be decriminalized at the federal level because currently a user of either medical or recreational marijuana is considered a prohibited person from possessing a firearm.

That is unless you are willing to perjure yourself on a form 4473 which I am not.

Re: I’m curious what the interest level is

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:15 am
by mossyisland
Why is MDOT pulling this sign?

Re: I’m curious what the interest level is

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:10 am
by Wildfowler
mossyisland wrote:Why is MDOT pulling this sign?

Beats me? I had to do a double take when I saw it. As it is it looks like an endorsement.

Re: I’m curious what the interest level is

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:36 am
by DuckBoat
They probably removing it from a location where a sign is not allowed.

No good will come from legalizing recreational use.

Re: I’m curious what the interest level is

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:02 pm
by stang67
Wildfowler wrote:I think it needs to be decriminalized at the federal level because currently a user of either medical or recreational marijuana is considered a prohibited person from possessing a firearm.

That is unless you are willing to perjure yourself on a form 4473 which I am not.

I’d argue that that’s a violation of the 2A LOOONG before I’d say it’s a reason to support legalization of weed. I don’t really take a side on the weed debate, but I wish some of that cause’s energy could be directed to defense of the Bill of Rights we already have, by fixing the 4473, as a tiny example.

Re: I’m curious what the interest level is

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:54 pm
by Wildfowler
I think it needs to be decriminalized so that medical usage can be studied and legalized.

I am convinced that it can and does help people.

Re: I’m curious what the interest level is

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:00 pm
by stang67
Medical usage isn’t already legal and studied?

Yes, it helps. I have met folks that wouldn’t care to live without it.

Re: I’m curious what the interest level is

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:00 pm
by Wildfowler
stang67 wrote:Medical usage isn’t already legal and studied?

Yes, it helps. I have met folks that wouldn’t care to live without it.

Not legal at federal level. Still schedule 1 drug which is labeled as no medical usage. Like LSD or heroin.

Yes I’m sure it’s being studied however.

I’m not sure what the laws pertaining to medical “CBD” are. I don’t know if that’s also considered illegal at the federal level or not. It may depend on whether the CBD came from hemp which has no mind altering chemicals or if it came from marijuana which does.

I think gov Bryant signed into law a couple years ago that would allow the use of a CBD drug for epilepsy seizures as long as the medicine contained less than some minimal quantity of thc.

Not sure if that’s considered legal at federal level?

https://www.whatiscbd.com/medical-canna ... ssissippi/

Re: I’m curious what the interest level is

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:50 am
by Trip
My opinion is that it should be legal medically and recreationally. Maybe then we could spend our time,energy, and money on things that really matter.

Re: I’m curious what the interest level is

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:19 pm
by rebelduckaholic
The sign was removed because someone called the office and stated it was on the ROW. When the maintenance staff checked and it was indeed in ROW it was hauled in and placed behind the shop

Re: I’m curious what the interest level is

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:21 am
by Buckwabit
I am in full support of medical Mary Jane. My dad used it, Illegally when he had 6 foot of his colon taken out. In my mind, it's the only thing that saved his life. He gained 40 lbs and went from Bones with Skin stretched over it to a healthy adult. The problem is recreational use. You're going to have these guys argue that beer is legal and it is. We also have an alarming rate of drunk drivers killing people. And we, as a sinning race of humans, will push it way past the point of recreation. That's my whole point. And you'll also have people argue about the financial side. But that's crap too. The casino's were supposed to fix the roads too. Roads are in worse shape and the casino's are getting bigger and are always full. You can't keep giving politicians money when they don't take care of what they already have

Re: I’m curious what the interest level is

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:38 am
by teul2
Buckwabit wrote:The casino's were supposed to fix the roads too. Roads are in worse shape and the casino's are getting bigger and are always full.

They did, in Tunica county. Hardly a dirt road to be found anywhere. But outside the counties with casinos, I don't think any other counties get anything from that tax revenue.

Re: I’m curious what the interest level is

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:38 am
by 1010
I'm not for legalization except for medical use.

Re: I’m curious what the interest level is

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:32 am
by Buckwabit
teul2 wrote:
Buckwabit wrote:The casino's were supposed to fix the roads too. Roads are in worse shape and the casino's are getting bigger and are always full.

They did, in Tunica county. Hardly a dirt road to be found anywhere. But outside the counties with casinos, I don't think any other counties get anything from that tax revenue.


I'm not sure but wasn't that voted on statewide and by state Personnel? If so, why is the state not getting the taxes and just the counties?

Re: I’m curious what the interest level is

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:59 am
by jacksbuddy
Wildfowler wrote:I think it needs to be decriminalized so that medical usage can be studied and legalized.

I am convinced that it can and does help people.

Off hand, I would have to disagree with you on this one. Ole Miss has researched and studied it for years now. And so far, from what I have heard, there is no medicinal benefit from it. In fact, history shows us it hurts, not helps.