Some ducks finally showed up for last weekend

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
tica-tica
Veteran

Some ducks finally showed up for last weekend

Postby tica-tica » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 am

Ready slow year but we had some pretty good hunts on the last weekend. Mostly redheads and teal. Really strange season. We normally don't get the large number of redheads that showed up.

heres video of last weekend
https://youtu.be/ojaV-UaMX84
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Re: Some ducks finally showed up for last weekend

Postby missed mallards » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:04 am

Very nice video. I missed the last weekend. I haven’t done that in 15 years but family obligations had to come first.

The group I hunt with had a solid 3 day end with 12 limits and 1 band in the mix.

January was great to us as a whole. We had some great hunts in some of the oddest places known to man. Our best hunt of the season came in a hole that 99% of people would laugh about and question even hunting. 2 man limit of mallards in 4 minutes! They came in, we shot, they died and that was it.

It was tough. I got lucky with a friend that held birds. My personal hole produced “0”. Zero, zilch, nadt. In my life hunting there it was the only year we didn’t fire a shot. Saw some good deer in it though.

Kind of glad it’s over. Getting next year planned as I type and hopefully we’ll get some weather and birds!
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
tica-tica
Veteran

Re: Some ducks finally showed up for last weekend

Postby tica-tica » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:09 pm

We had a terrible season until the very last weekend but that's duck hunting. I'm sure we will have 1000s on the place now that the season is over and the really cold weather is hitting. Still always had fun just getting to go see some empty sky sunrises.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”