The Wall

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
420 racin
Veteran

The Wall

Postby 420 racin » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:13 pm

Ok guys who is gonna donate to this?

I am giving $50.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: The Wall

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:42 pm

I think it was stated that if every person who voted for Trump gave $80 we could pay for it. As soon as I figure out that the money can and will be used immediately to pay for the wall I’m donating 80 times the number of household voters in my home.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:14 pm

If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:35 pm

I think the person who started this just divided the 5 billion Trump says is needed by the number of voters who voted for trump and came up with the $80 contribution amount?

That being said Congress, in an amazing effort tonight, passed 5.7 billion in wall funding in a late night vote.

All we have to do is get all senators on board who voted for the Kavanaugh confirmation and it will instantly flip the whole democratic narrative of Trump shutting down government back into their laps and I don’t believe Schumer will allow that on the Friday before the Christmas holiday.

Hope I’m right....
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:44 am

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:22 am

https://www.wkrg.com/news/national/gofu ... 1672841302

new go fund me to fund ladders over the wall...can’t tell if it is a farse or real.

*it is real* already at $130k

https://www.gofundme.com/ladders-to-get ... p039s-wall
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:39 am

Maybe I have a different view.

I’m raising my kid in the way of bad = punishment. I know it’s crazy to even think like that these days but responsibility still has a definition in our house.

With that said. Why the wall? Give the border patrol bullets and have them protect the border? Seems like if ppl understood that we were serious about our borders, they maybe would slow down? They may not try it? Who knows! Wall is going to cost In the billions and ladders cost hardly nothing. If there is no consequence to jump it, it’s a lot of money that might be a waste?
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
sondance
Veteran

Postby sondance » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:18 am

I'm with Missed Mallards on this. I think we need to protect our Southern border but, I don't think a physical wall will do a whole lot. It sounds good but, those determined enough will find ways to go over, under or around. The cartels have figured out effective ways to smuggle all sorts of stuff into the US, a wall won't stop it. With the technology available today there has to be a more effective way to do this. If there is not, create a "hac a thon" of sorts providing a prize for the most effective idea. Elon Musk built his own rockets and also tunneled under LA with no US tax money being spent on development (that I am aware of). Who ever thought that would happen? Private industry could probably figure this out in a manner that might actually work
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway
DuckBoat
Veteran

Postby DuckBoat » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:25 pm

While I agree they will still figure out how to get across a wall I see the wall as necessary. Right now they can run back and forth across the border with no resistance. With a wall they have a better chance of slowing them down enough to be caught most of the time. The wall can also be used to attach other technologies to.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:05 pm

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE

Return to “General Discussion Forum”