Alright after the facepaint post I made

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Alright after the facepaint post I made

Postby hntrpat1 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:10 am

What would the real duck south members like me to write about next.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: Alright after the facepaint post I made

Postby Wildfowler » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:58 pm

I can’t believe I missed that post? Can you provide a link?

Thanks
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
RNAIL
Veteran

Postby RNAIL » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Write about hunting ducks with low pressure fronts versus high pressure weather conditions
I'm Retired, leave me alone
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:04 am

hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:05 pm

Yeah well most of those millennials need to learn to joke and have a good time. Im still Figuring something out. Probably something about spinners.
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:17 pm

I missed it as well. Where is the post?
Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:22 pm

driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:10 am

that must’a been on the phazebook side...
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:12 am

I guess were not getting link so maybe we could just have our own discussion on the merits of face painting?

I never realize people ever wanted to put face paint on their face to go duckhunting until I went hunting with a friend of mine a long long long time ago and met a fellow who came to be known as Squanto.

Squanto was a face painter, which earned him the nickname. At least I think that was his nickname.

Many moons came and went before I encountered another face painter. In fact it was probably coincidental with the rise in popularity of duckhunting which occurred during the big rise in the liberalization of the limits in season length.

The purest in our group lamented these big sweeping changes to the landscape of duck hunting. Me, I just like to pull the trigger and was appreciative of having twice the amount of time to do so, not to mention being able to also get more ducks per day.

I failed to see the warning signs being preached by those who longed for return to the abbreviated 30 days seasons. I just could not see the danger that was being unleashed upon our heritage.

The danger was having to resort to putting paint on your face so there would be no question from other sportsman that you were indeed the upper echelon.... A Duckhunter.

Somewhere along the way, the world got in a big darned hurry, and I never learned how to apply face paint. And if you cannot learn how to properly apply this technique to your arsenal as a duckhunter, you are surely doomed to fail.

It has now gotten to the point where I feel ashamed to step foot in The Varsity for a post duckhunt breakfast because of my never learning how to apply face paint. I just can’t bring myself to face the much deserved humiliation of entering such a true duckhunters establishment due to my inadequacy of being a “want-to-be-duckhunter“.

I wonder if perhaps as a group we could help each other out so that we too can experience all the joys of being a true duckhunter?
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:55 am

I've not had to remove black grease from my cheeks, nor do I intend on having the need to.
...always makes me chuckle when pulling into the varsity, met by poo-faces hi-balling in the parking lot. I guess I'm just not that cool...oh, well.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:51 pm

I'm afraid that I too suffer from "no-facio-painto-innosis". I never acquired the skill of patterns,color,hue, and chromo when it comes to the proper application of this guaranteed measure of concealment.
I guess like many on this site I am resigned to stand in the shadows and sit quietly while hunting.
I was just born to soon I guess..............
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:35 pm

I wore face paint before it was cool. It was 78-79, 80? and we were trying to hide as best we could. In order to hide the ugly paleface, most grew a beard, some were too young or had work/wife issues with a beard, others wanted to really get commando hidden. So with our Zippo lighters we burned wine corks black, then smeared the cork black around our face. That's how real men do it. :mrgreen:

Burnt wine corks, the original face paint.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:36 am

I just thought of your new topic. White sunglasses / colored sunglasses especially white. I have never met any guy (note men don't wear white sunglasses) that I liked. Bet a long 10 face painters with designed face paint wear white sunglasses.
bucks n beaks
Veteran

Postby bucks n beaks » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”