Women’s insulated rubber boots

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Women’s insulated rubber boots

Postby eSJay » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:02 am

Need boots for 2 daughters.
Looking for recommendations under $100.
Thanks
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Re: Women’s insulated rubber boots

Postby msudawg8087 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:51 am

I'm assuming you are talking about hunting boots as I've seen first hand how much some of these fashion statement rain boots can be. Lacrosse has had a sale the past few weeks or so on their site. These popped up for less than $100 if they are on up in age.

https://www.lacrossefootwear.com/women/ ... green.html

These look to be for the younger ones.

https://www.lacrossefootwear.com/kids/l ... 5-0mm.html

Free shipping and returns on all looks like.
SHERMANATOR
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Check the weights of the boots I look at. I didn’t and ended up buying some for my daughter that I don’t think I could wear.

With that said. Mucks, and lacrosse sale. Both good brands.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:10 pm

bogs are in line with muck and have some girly patterns. B has a pair, but for her to bring them out means mud and she doesn’t like mud...figures

https://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/styleGridSearch.html
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_2? ... 0011&ajr=0

they usually have a few on sale under $100
Last edited by donia on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:03 am

Wife and kid bought some of the Academy Sports Magellan brand boots. The Muck knock offs. They are comfy and warm.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/magellan-outdoors-womens-field-boot-iii-hunting-boots#repChildCatid=4601682
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:16 am

I bought my daughter some bogs two years ago and have had no complaints.
Peewee
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:44 am

You talking hunting rubber boots or trendy, might go to the deer stand a few times a year?
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:47 pm

-Nash Buckingham
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:03 pm

-Nash Buckingham
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Funny little story that came to mind.

A few years ago my daughter decided she wanted to go hunting. It kind of caught everyone off guard as she was into dolls, makeup, and the like but so be it. I was ecstatic to say the least.

That next day I ordered her some purple (one of her favorite colors) muck boots. Of course, the day they arrived at the house, we HAD to test them out. So, I borrowed my FIL .223, I grabbed my big bore, and off to the "Farm" we went. It would serve as the perfect proving ground. Straight buckshot, blue mud, and a slight rain the day before! If you've ever messed with the black dirt, you know what it's like. This place has taken grown men to tears!

Now, to explain "deer hunting" the farm, you have 2 weeks. Bucks move in, they rut, chase, and fight, and they leave. Been like that since the beginning of time. as it so happened to be, the boots arrived right smack in the middle of the 2 week period. Hunting it is simple, you move in as quiet as a mouse, you sit as still as a perched hawk, and you breathe like a sniper with the enemy feet away. So, Why did I want her on first hunt here? No freaking clue, guess it was close to home and a place.

Anyway, by step number 3 it happened. It being, the size of her boot Quadrupled! Being an bonefide booty, or so I've been called, I took the moment to teach her about the sticky hell that wouldn't let go. I showed her the power of a little water! Funny how water will cut the clay and just make the mud slide away. So, every few feet we would 'clean' off our boots. Now being we had a mile to walk, or there about's, so we had plenty of cleaning experiences.

Anyway, to wrap up the story, I had been hunting one deer. A mainframe 10 with double drops and multiple kickers. Best buck I've ever seen, much less hunted. We get all the way to the last hedgerow and I told her to hang back and let me glass as bucks had a tendency to lay right on the edge of the grass. I was glassing when movement caught my eye and low and behold, it was him! About the time I saw him, I hear "Hey daddy, watch this!" I turned in panic just in time to see her leap into the largest mudhole on the whole farm and splash! Mud goes everywhere and there she was just a laughing. The buck? Yep, he burst out of the hedgerow and tore across the open field. Haven't laid eyes on him since.

Good luck with your boot purchase! Yes, I still let her go every time she wants. And I'm hoping that the ole boy I let walk this morning will showup when she's there with me to give him some lead poisoning.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:55 am

Good story MM (as always) and one I can relate to as I did something similar to my dad when I was 6 years old.
This was back in the day when most clubs ran dogs, so we would "line the logging roads" in certain spots and wait for the dogs to strike a trail & hope we were lucky enough to be in the spot the deer would cross. And hope it was a buck, because killing a dowe back then was illeagal. Well, this particular day, the deer crossed somewhere other than where we were which means the hunt was over so Daddy & I headed back towards the truck.
Following his every step, when we topped a hill & rounded a curve, Daddy stopped in his tracks & motioned me to do the same. I noticed he was looking into the woods with his trusty Browning .308 shouldered so my attention went to where he was looking. I was probablly 4 feet from him and could see the deer standing still 30 yards into the woods and it was a giant! I just knew Daddy was about to shoot this thing and be the envy of the camp when we rolled in with this moose on the tailgate! As I stood there frozen in my tracks for what seemed like a long time waiting on the shot, he never shot. He then whispered "Son - do you see that deer" - I whispered back "yessir". I was probably thinking he was making sure I saw what he was about to shoot. More time passed with gun still shouldered and still, no shot. Then he whispered "does he have horns?" ................
Then it happened........I answered back with "YEA DADDY HE'S GOT A BUNCH OF EM" and the deer wheeled around tore out of there in a flash. I know deep down, Daddy was pissed, but never scolded me one bit, rather he used it as a teaching moment as we rode back to camp. When I said he's got a bunch of em, I mean he had a bunch of em. The next week, a guy killed the 17 point deer that Daddy & I were standing 30 yards from!
Daddy told that story many many times before passing away & it's one of the many memories I have of our time together!

-Nash Buckingham

Return to “General Discussion Forum”