Real-time game cameras???

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Real-time game cameras???

Postby dukluk » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:55 pm

Anyone use them on their cell phones, or know about them???.....pros and cons???.....best and worst ones???.....my cell carrier is CSpire, so will it work with it???

Thanks
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Re: Real-time game cameras???

Postby NyssaAquatica » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:55 pm

https://www.hogeyecameras.com/

I know several people that use Hogeye and are satisfied with it.

I think it was actually started by some C-Spire employees, so I assume it will work with C-Spire.
chevy01234
Duck South Addict

Postby chevy01234 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:35 pm

Hogeye cameras are on ATT or Verizon, also there aren't any cell cameras i'm aware of that work on C-Spire.

C-spire is pretty much anti-data and does not share well with other companies.
chevy01234
Duck South Addict

Postby chevy01234 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:37 pm

And for clarification, your cell phone can access the stream via your data package just like I can access it anywhere else as long as I have internet. When I say "not on c-spire" I mean you cannot get a data package for the camera specifically from C-spire. Each camera has to have it's own cell connection to transmit the pictures, most use ATT or Verizon.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:12 am

How do you get billed for service? Is there any limits on data transmitted?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:37 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
chevy01234
Duck South Addict

Postby chevy01234 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:23 am

Some of them are billed per number of pictures, some per GB of data, some flat rate unlimited. They are all slightly different.

Another option is the ARLO-Go. They are about the same price as a nice cell game camera and you can stream live video as well. They can be had on ATT or Verizon and set up with solar panels to trickle charge.

By far the hogeye is leaps and bounds better, but they are a good bit pricier since you are getting so much more.
Duck Engr
Regular

Postby Duck Engr » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:21 pm

We use Link Evo by Spypoint. Night picture quality used to be terrible but they've stepped their game up on later camera models.

You do all plan purchases in the phone app via credit card. No interaction with cellphone providers required. When you purchase the camera, you choose verizon or ATT model, whichever has better coverage in your location.

100 pictures a month free.

250 pictures $5/month.

Unlimited pictures all year $15/month.

Unlimited pictures 3 months a year (hunting season) $25/month.

As an aside, I can't believe these things are still legal. They remove fair chase conditions in my opinion. I get pictures on my phone within a minute or two of when they're taken. It'd be easy to run kill a deer or turkey as soon as i get the picture. I had to use quite a bit of restraint this past turkey season on a biggun that strolled in front of the camera midday. I knew exactly where he was headed and could have cut him off easily.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:26 pm

"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:43 pm

Got a buddy that has the hogeye system set up on some traps. We were in South GA all last month working hurricane debris and he caught like 37 hogs from south GA. It would tell him they were there, we'd watch live feed, and drop the trap when it was time..pretty dang cool.

I need to purchase something form myself. I have a dickhead putting nails in my driveway an I need to find out who it is. what camera do i need to use. I want video but it is going to be taking a video of every car that passes my driveway.... You think a timelapse would work? I really need like a security camera, but don't have power or anything there and no datalines etc to transmit the video. It is too far from the house to do wireless transmission. any ideas

Return to “General Discussion Forum”