Lottery

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
NyssaAquatica
Veteran

Lottery

Postby NyssaAquatica » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:47 pm

If you won 1.5B, what would you do?

If you won it in a state like SC, where you can stay anonymous, would you tell anyone?

Would you buy out James Kennedy and take over the York Woods? Figure out what it takes to acquire Fighting Bayou?

Would you still go to work, or hand in your 2 weeks' notice?
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: Lottery

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:58 pm

I wouldn’t do any of that big name club stuff. That’s not my style.

What I would do is own sixty different “GOOD” duck holes so that I could hunt a different one every day of season and have it always like opening day.

Or something like that. And plenty of dove spots too.

And I would donate enough to the levee board so I could legally have my driver drive us up and down the levee blasting hogs and other nuisance animals during the rest of the year.

I’m thinking a motor home like the one from the movie “spy’s like us” (which incidentally we had one of those when I was a youngster) tricked out with the best thermal/night vision video systems available today.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:26 am

It wouldn't matter if people knew I won or not, cause they couldn't find me. Only the friends I really want to would know how to get me. And those few would have standing rooms in the ginormous bunk house.
Not sure I'd buy some big name club out, but I'd have a large single track of land conveniently located to family that I could do all the hunting I want. It may or may not be some prime property but I'd fill my days teaching my son how to care for the land and make it better.

There would be lots of toys like Andy mentioned (thermal, NV, suppressed SBRs, etc) but boats, SxS's, and the like. My call collection would be second to none. I'd have all the guns I had an impulse to buy. Also I'd spend lots of time traveling with the dog running tests, and getting ribbons.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:32 am

If I could remain anonymous I would try best I could to remain so. Buy a couple thousand acres of prime land and live right in the middle. Of course would have some nice new toys that I can only dream about now.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:40 am

You could only contact me through my "Executive Vice President in Charge of Deflecting Nuisance Call".
Me and my crew would start at the tip of Canada and ride the migration down to the tip of south america or where ever the ducks stop congregating.
And we would be traveling in my personal Lear Jet so as not to waste time between stops!
But probably not gonna happen.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:51 am

I would buy a tract of land that would cover deer and turkey hunting. Not to big though as I wouldn't want it to turn into a job rather than a hobby. For ducks I would follow the migration and meet new faces/friends along the way.
Peewee
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:17 am

De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:01 am

teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:20 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:24 am

I'm liking the way you think. Did I mention that i already know how to fly the Challenger 650? I'll cut you a deal!
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:24 pm

donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”