Duck Blind Danger

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
sondance
Veteran

Duck Blind Danger

Postby sondance » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:02 pm

Guys and Gals,
Just a reminder to be careful when working on blinds. We all get a little slack sometimes. We had a big tree fall on a blind in our timber hole. It was barely hanging on so we had to get it out. We all debated on how to best come at it and figured the old eat an elephant in small bites was the best strategy. I was cutting and a good friend was trying to keep it stable so it wouldn't roll. I cut most of it into small pieces then it cantalevered, swung up and hit my friend like Tyson in the face. Knocked him like and uppercut 2 feet off the ground. It dazed him pretty good and I think he was knocked out for a few seconds. Definitely didn't feel good. Fortunately a doctor was with us but, it could've been really bad Could've lost teeth, broken a nose or worse. No fast way out of those woods of it was serious. It was a freak thing but, that's my point. Freak stuff happens when you least expect it but could have lasting consequences. Remember to stay safe. No amount of ducks are worth someone getting hurt.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway
SB
Duck South Addict

Re: Duck Blind Danger

Postby SB » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:55 pm

Glad he is going to be ok. Things can go wrong quickly with chainsaws and trees. Appreciate the reminder.
Scott Baker
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Re: Duck Blind Danger

Postby Deltamud77 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:40 pm

Chainsaws and tree stands are probably the two most dangerous things the common man uses with frequency.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”