McDaniel or Hyde-Smith?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
420 racin
Veteran

McDaniel or Hyde-Smith?

Postby 420 racin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:28 am

Ok guys, there aint alot of us left in here but let's hear it. Who are you going to be voting for? Chris McDaniel or Cindy Hyde-Smith? and do you think that having two republicans will split the vote to allow ole $#!+ ass Espy to win?
Personally I think the last election was stolen from McDaniel and handed to Cochran, I never got a chance to vote for Hyde-Smith (regardless of how good or bad she does) i never got a say in that. So McDaniel nearly beats Cochran and now all the sudden according to the "media" Hyde-Smith is supposed to annihilate him. I don't see it.
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Re: McDaniel or Hyde-Smith?

Postby DoublePslayer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:37 am

I'm going with McDaniel. The fact that Hyde-Smith voted for Hillary in 2016 does it for me.
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:52 am

Yeah and she was a Democrat and switched parties back in 2010 (the definition of a RINO)
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:42 pm

to hell with that woman, hillary lover/democrap McDaniel is the MAN
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:01 pm

How do we know she voted for Hillary in 2016?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
RNAIL
Veteran

Postby RNAIL » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:40 pm

Voted for Hillary, not me, Chris has my vote,,,I don't trust Cindy
I'm Retired, leave me alone
Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:40 pm

Gotta vote for the guy period. Would be nice to get more women in there, not! Trumps campaigning for her is prolly good. But don't need anymore women if possible no matter what the qualifications, etc. A GOP women nowadays is more likely to side with the liberals/Dems. on issues. If you criticize a black office holder you're a racist; if you criticize a woman you're anti feminist. So, why put anymore women in there than you have to continue the circus? :lol:
joe1969

Postby joe1969 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:00 am

Hyde-smith got to be ok if Phil Bryant nominated her. President Trump is endorsing her. Look at demographics in her district. She may be a Dino. She has voted 100% of time with trump. What about McDaniels in Cochran campaign having pics taken of Thad wife in nursing home. Then later the guy that took the pictures commits suicide. Look up McDaniels voting record. NRA endorses Hyde Smith A rating.
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:20 am

Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:03 am

Why was there not a republican primary here?

Seems like Mike Espy may have an unfair advantage unless I don’t understand what the rules are for this election?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:07 am

Goose
Veteran

Postby Goose » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:33 am

Wildfowler, this is a special election to fill Cochran's term after he retired, so there are no primaries.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:05 am

IMO Phil missed a golden opportunity to place a great young leader from our state in the Senate. Whether you like it or not sonority rules in Congress. Neither one of them will be able to fill Cochran's shoes and what he has done for the state. Most don't have a clue but they will in future after a few years. Cochran set us up well for a few years.

With that said McDaniel doesn't have a clue of how the process works and will set the state back years (believe that as you may). Hyde-Smith is a yes person in my opinion. I have met her numerous times at forestry workshops and a few Ag functions. She has always been nice and interested in learning about land owners needs. With that said I wish Phil would have nominated Briggs Hopson. I am not sure if he would have taken the spot due to family and business obligations but he is heads and tails better than the options we have been given. For me I will vote for Cindy.
Peewee
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:00 pm

joe1969

Postby joe1969 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”