Off Topic: Tate Reeves Road

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Off Topic: Tate Reeves Road

Postby peewee » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:13 am

Time to liven up this place with some politics. What do you think about the Tate Reeves road. MDOT said they received pressure from the legislator. Tate says he had nothing to do with it. Personally I believe Tate is lying through his teeth. I do not have a lot of respect for him. I sure hate knowing that he will be running for Governor pretty soon.
Peewee
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: Off Topic: Tate Reeves Road

Postby teul2 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:03 am

the back door stuff that goes on in MDOT is ridiculous. It would not surprise me if this wasn't crooked as hell.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:11 pm

where is Tate Reeves Road? whats the dill pickle?
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:15 pm

Nice little road from his sundivision to a shopping mall.

Instead of using the money to rebuild bridges it went for his personal use. Or there abouts.

Politicians just doing what they do. I’m so sick of politics in general (work/life) that NOTHING surprises me anymore.

They should evict his ass. U know, being he’s there for the ppl.
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:24 pm

Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Don't worry about little tater's road.....just give it a little time, and the blue gums will take over that shopping mall, too, and he'll be screaming to have that road shut down. :wink:
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:36 am

And young Master Reeves is blocking the special session to discuss funding transportation. I see where one of our finest members is trying to help a farmer get access to his property which is cut off by a bridge closure. Farmer is offering to pay $40k to fix the bridge so he can get his crop out. Gubmint is nuts.
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:56 am

"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:12 am

Never been a fan of his and this situation sure don’t change that. Pretty obvious what happneded and if you can’t see it you are ignorant.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:29 am

I have been around Tate a few times and he doesn't come off the way a lot of people assume he does. That said:

The way the road thing came about smelled like Jim Hood stirring up some stuff before both of them announce their run for guv'nah. Personally, I'd take Reeves over Conway Twitty any day. Also, the road isn't technically to a shopping mall. That neighborhood sits on the hill to the NE of the mall. They just created a parkway that splits the middle of it. Back when this was being initiated the thought was to put a road that connects to the parkway versus having to put a stop light(cant because its too close to another stop light) or having the neighborhood come out and bust a U-turn in Lakeland. I can kind of see all sides as I am around that area a lot. A lot of people have blinders on when talking politics. MDOT has some issues too.

http://yallpolitics.com/2018/07/31/inte ... tage-road/
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:50 pm

I have strong opinions about both Reeves and Hood, and don't plan to post either on a forum, but there can be no hiding the fact that Reeves has been obstructing a transportation funding package being voted on. This is something that the majority of Mississippians want, that has clearly documented need from widely varied sources, and that if left unattended will cost all of us many more dollars to repair in the future.

He's not interested in helping Mississippi IMO
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:28 pm

I tell u one thing about Tate:: His brother is the sharpest dressed man in Mississippi.. every time I see him he looks like he just rolled outta a Gentleman’s Quartly photo shoot
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:53 am

420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:01 am

Pewee, Kinda like a certain supervisor over here in Warren County building/redoing/paving that nice big ass road from his gated neighborhood out by Flowers to the interstate at Flowers. Got tired of driving down that gravel to get to the interstate, so they completely redid it and paved it. In the name of If there was a major accident and shut the interstate down they could route traffic through there and to Bovina. :lol: Yeah, just got tired of that gravel and getting dust on his wife's back glass
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:18 am

Peewee

Return to “General Discussion Forum”