So What Happened To This Place, Really.

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
YoBenny

So What Happened To This Place, Really.

Postby YoBenny » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:45 pm

There are several reasons why a PHP with a focused society fails.
I know because I built one 20 years ago that today has 50,000 members.
Not all of them active of course. Some of the first are probably dead by now.
But it ticks right along, you have to go to the second page to see all the new posts for the day.
This place you can check back in 6 months and a post you made is probably about number 12 or something
and that's being generous.
So what happened?
booger
Veteran

Re: So What Happened To This Place, Really.

Postby booger » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:48 pm

Hey crazy mofo always good to see you posting, always a lotta fun, I appreciate you sharing food ideas and swamp swami wisdom of the ancients, I read them all.

The hipsters are using the newest electronic message delivery system, and this ain't it, don't ask me what it is because I have gray hairs on my head. The old farts (like me) have limited time and are too burnt out/lazy to partake in the "best waterproof glove" or "best gun oil" discussions.

Cell phones and tablets are for consuming media, desktops & laptops are for creating media. There are fewer of the latter out there clicking around and posting up new stuff.

I'm still here, some things get me going on the interwebs, but not enough free time to do it all. I had to completely re-wire and put new lights on a boat trailer, nothing just bolted right up, lot's of fabrication and
MacGyvering, lights enclosed in metal boxes, painted them to slow down rust etc. etc. It consumed two weekends and then I went berserk when the new lights didn't work when connected to one vehicle, but worked fine on another. It turned out to be one bad female plug out of the three, on that vehicles connector, so replaced that. On and on, it's always duck season.

Keep on brother, you may get fire going up in here.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
bigwater
Duck South Addict

Postby bigwater » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:38 am

Benny I tell you one thing that hurt.. there was a time about two or 3 years ago where people were having serious issues logging on . And this went on for months before it was fixed. That’s a partial problem this place encountered
"Ya ever work beef Billy?"
SCOOTER
Duck South Addict

Postby SCOOTER » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:52 am

Check in almost daily to the same post, sad.... :(
Kids are like coots,they come in droves for me..........
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:54 am

I was really surprised to see it this dead. I mean it's REALLY dead. I always liked these PHP boards until the owners decided to start controlling the content because they were worried about their money.
In the old days of the wild wild interweb when all bets were off, they were a lot of fun.
Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:55 pm

The main problem I see is they let you back on here. It's easier to read and believe a letter from a 4 year old than most of the crap you post.
Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:59 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
YoBenny

Postby YoBenny » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:04 pm

AAhhhhh it's so good to be back among the haters.........

ha ha ha
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

Postby missed mallards » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:42 pm

The login issues took its toll on many.

It honestly got to where talking duck hunting was shunned. And if it wasn’t shunned the argument there afterwards wasn’t beneficial to anyone. A lot of people don’t have time for a lot of that in their lives. Ask about gloves and the next reply was about tires and gun barrel condoms? I never did understand that and still don’t.

That and instant resources. Instead of asking about a product and hearing/reading you can easily type it into the browser and find what you’re looking for.

And Facebook. I bet the duck south group has some 10k members. They do podcast and challenges and and and. They’ve switch media centers I guess. A lot of people enjoy it and it may be for some. I’m not a big Facebook guru so Mileage varies per individual.

But who really knows. These r my theories
If I don't do it, I ain't gettin nun.......So i'm doing it
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:20 am

The final nail in the coffin was when the site had problems. A lot of conversations got squashed because of the limiting rules on what could be talked about. I think we all were to blame for burning new posters and griping about someone bringing up a " which is better" thread or the " what's a good pair of waders" post.

Before the problems, as the user # was steadily dwindling down, and after the problems were fixed, if you weren't in the club, if you'd post something on topic- god forbid off topic- you'd be chastised. Cliquey AF.

Hell the last post I put up was asking for contacts for some forestry mulching we needed done because my contractor was out of pocket for the foreseeable future.

Next thing I know, I've got a gotdayum insurance salesman (and a few others) giving out their "hot tips and pro tricks" for a line of work that he and a few of the others obviously knew nothing about, and one that I do every day. Only a few replies actually gave contractor names and numbers; the thread was full of subtle brags about "my buddy this, my buddy that." F**K YOUR BUDDY!

Low and behold, the adhd SOB gets hacked off and starts slinging insults when I try to politely say he's fullachit and try to get back on topic.

We went on and added a mulcher to our own machine lineup thereafter. It's been too busy to check back in and close out the thread with an obligatory FU, but maybe giving an actual damn to fight that mentality is the main reason for not doing it.

But that's the kinda chit- that's a prime example- of the stuff people got fed up with. I personally know close to a dozen old hands on this site who left for that exact reason.

Piss on that garbage and that garbage attitude.

Oh and while I'm at it, piss on that soft bodied, pleated slack wearing, loafer loving, can't spell nothing, don't know nothing, loud-mouthed hot-headed, ADD having, paper pushing sack of hammered dog chit named deltadukman...or however the hell you spell it...too! For the record, YEAH BIATCH, I DO HAVE MY OWN MACHINES. :lol:

BYE FELICIA.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:43 am

Oh and while I'm at it, piss on that soft bodied, pleated slack wearing, loafer loving, can't spell nothing, don't know nothing, loud-mouthed hot-headed, ADD having, paper pushing sack of hammered dog chit named deltadukman...or however the hell you spell it...too! For the record, YEAH BIATCH, I DO HAVE MY OWN MACHINES. :lol:

pleated slack wearing???? :D Now thats funny right there.
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:35 am

greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:10 am

"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:29 pm

Benny 2.0:

I had to go back and search to even remotely remember what I wrote that set you off on this diatribe. I looked and this was all I said

"I'm replying a little late but I insure quite a few. Know even more than I insure. The price you pay is usually the quality of work you get. Just because its cheaper by the hour doesn't mean it wont take more hours. Old busted equipment, lots of breaks, arriving late/leaving early, etc. That said, if they use CAT machines, tell them you want them to stop twice a day and blow them off and clean them up. Those machines are very prone to burning up. And once it starts it smokes the wiring harness rendering it unmovable. Your trees are next"

Then you went off on another manic rant for nothing and I responded:

"Rock the flock out dude. I forgot, you're the guy who no one can tell anything. Sounds to me you know more than anyone about the business. Surprised you don't have a machine and a head and doing your own work. I wans just giving advise so when Mr. $80/hr doesn't blow his machine out and burns your place to $#!+ and doesn't have anything to cover the damage, you're not left with a smoldering pile of trees. You can call CNN all you want to, but I don't know what you're trying to clean up and you can't get blood from a turnip.
Benny 2.0, good luck."

If that gets sand in your va-ja-ja dude then you have issues. Yeah, I clearly told you how to operate your business :wink:

Between your tirade and my two responses, there were 8 other responses on that thread. Out of those, exactly half(4) said the same exact thing I stated. I don't see you trying to be billy wayne bad ass to them. So if I were you, I'd get off my high horse and stop asking or giving advice if you don't want someone to give you a little. I've insured a bunch of them, know a bunch of the guys who operate them, and have paid totals on about 12 of them to date all for the same issue. I know the CAT dealer mechanics on a first name basis. I know a little bit about the things....

I'll say this fella, If ignorance is bliss then you're the happiest mother flucker in the world....and I don't wear loafers or pleated slacks, hand. I wear boots to work every day. Never know when one of those POS machines are going to burn up and have to go take a look knowing greenheadedgrimreaper isn't there to hold my hand or fix it.
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:40 am

Yes!!!!!!!!! MSDUCKS is back!!!!!!!!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”