Beretta Xtrema rubber stock inserts

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Beretta Xtrema rubber stock inserts

Postby stang67 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:47 pm

Does anyone know if there’s a known issue with insect repellent causing damage to the rubber stock inserts on Xtremas?

Something is causing the rubber grip inserts to basically dissolve on my gun. I’ve heard insect repellent is an issue for other shotgun stock finishes, but I can’t find any other issues for Xtremas on the net. I’m pretty sure that’s what’s causing the issue with mine. Some spots on mine are like hard sticky modeling clay, so I don’t think it’s just age.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: Beretta Xtrema rubber stock inserts

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:59 pm

Are you sure it’s not just age? I’ve got I’ve got two of them that are doing the same thing. I Assumed it was Age or possibly a gun cleaning product breaking down the rubber over time.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:57 pm

I have heard repellent will do it. I have heard the oils in your skin will too.
Rubber components of a gun are going to fail with any consistent use. I prefer to not have any.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:05 am

I've got a couple of older limbsaver recoil pads doing the same (dissolving/disintegrating into sticky jellylike consistency). I thought it was just age, but limbsaver is sending new pads for pics of defective ones...may be the same type rubber used on them, too??
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:36 am

loch leven
Regular

Postby loch leven » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:38 pm

If you store your gun in a soft case the soft case will basically melt the stock and make it feel like glue. I sent mine back to benelli and they replaced it for free

Return to “General Discussion Forum”