Podcast episodes with Jim Crews

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: Podcast episodes with Jim Crews

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:42 am

Thanks Rocky, now if I can just figure out how to play these on my new truck. When I plug my phone in it pulls up a bunch apps. One of which says podcasts but I can’t figure out how to paste a link that my podcast system will recognize?

Anyone have any tips on how to listen to this in your GMC pick up truck that’s using an iPhone and Apple CarPlay simultaneously?
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Postby mossyisland » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:58 am

click the podcast app

search for The End of The Line

Click subscribe

and you should be able to play from your truck
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:45 pm

Thanks Rocky you’re a genius. That is now working for me.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:49 pm

I hate CarPlay so bad, I won’t even plug my phone into the USB ports — I just use the cigarette lighter adapter to charge and play over Bluetooth.
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:41 pm

I actually feel the same way about it. But sometimes my phone won’t connect to Bluetooth without plugging in and I do like the internal hands-free phone set up a lot better in my new truck then in my 2012.

According to my wife the hands free phone is significantly better while I’m talking to her now than in my old truck, even at highway speed.

I can’t stand it interrupting my radio to try and read me a text message or trying to think for me.

When I press a specific radio channel pre-set at the onset of a new ignition cycle, I do not want the computer thinking that I should really be listening to something else. And I damn sure don’t want it trying to override my selection more than once during that same sequence.

Grrrrrr!!!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”